Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just enjoyed outside

I was outside doing yard work as always , since it is spring. I just got my patio cleaned off from winter and fall leaves and  branches  . Then it stormed again  last weelend and then I had more tree branches and  those twirle things , we use to call them helicopters.
Anyway done once more then mowed front yard and swept my drive way My neighbors ask me to go out to eat super with them and I was just to tired to spruce myself up
While I was out back I took my lady planter and a few other things to dress up my patio table, Oh how I wish I had a large screned in porch.

                                                         

A friend was over Saturday and she dressed up my lady planter with these silk flowers that I bought at a florist sale for 10 cents a stem, just odds and ends , however so pretty


                                                     
I had to put a bird in her beautiful arrangement, just like Marie Anyionette would do .


                             

I couldn't decide if I liked this tray of shells & pearls on the table or the Ball jars


                                            

I had never really noticed how these jars say differeent things, the first one says just Ball, the second one Ball Mason, the third one Ball Perfect mason ? guess maybe they are from different years like our cell phones now a never version every year

                                              
                                                              

                                 
I know we have all seen these blue ftruit jars on blogs for ever seems like but I never get tired of seeing them and they look so good outside on my patio table. This is one of the tall ones, I just paid $2.50 each for them at a sale last couple weeks . I have several I bought back when I lived In Kentucky years ago.

             

                                            


Linky parties for this week I am joining in

Coastal Charm
Knick Of Time
Savvy Southern Style
Ivy & Elephants
REDNESDAY
Faded Charm 
Bunny Jean's decor
The Shabby Creek Cottage 
Brambleberry Cottage 
Katherine's Corner
My Romantic Home 
At The Thrifty Grove
Feathered Nest Friday 
PInK Saturday
Be Different act NORMAL

               

25 comments:

  1. What a great blog! Loved your post.....the Lady AND the blue jars. I just popped in from "A Re-Purposed Life" an am adding myself as your newest follower. Hope you come by and see me sometime. Happy Spring Ya'll from Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend, All your decors are great. I like the necklace of Mary Antoinette so much. It is a good idea. I ll keep on following your nice blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful lady, with great possibilites! Hope the storms stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this post. I love the lady planter. Would adore having one. It is just too cute and you can do so much with it. Oh, and I, too, wish I had a screen in porch. genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your cage!!!
    and such a sweet vignette.

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your 'lady' and her headgear! I just adore getting out and getting dirt under my nails this time of year -- you're off to a great start -- love the shells arrangement too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be fun to have a glass of sweet tea out there with ya, maybe someday. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard
      you get yourself on over here before one of us die LOL

      Delete
  8. That lady planter is just so much fun! You can't help but smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet of you friend to stop by with flowers... the lady vase is so pretty with all her adornments. I have to dig my Ball jars out of their hiding place in the garage....

    Thanks for sharing this at my party :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your lady planter. I am looking for 5 of them for my garden to put succulents in them. I have the perfect spot but am not having any luck finding them yet. So the hunt continues.....
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lady planter is ever so elegant. I have not seen the blue can bucket and it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my little berry bucket is blue swirl granitware and I have had that for years and a gal I use to work with in the 80's said it was her husbands grandfathers and she got it out of his old smokehouse on the farm

      Delete
  12. I adore blue Ball jars. I have a few larger ones - quarts maybe -a few regular size ones. Here is a link to a site that tells you how to date your Ball jars - the different wording does mean different years. Maybe you have a super rare one. http://home.earthlink.net/~raclay/DatingBalljars.HTML

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for that information, i will check it out
      i did purchase these jars from a yard sale where a 93 year old lady had died and her 75 year old daughter was selling items, so I am sure they have some age on them

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. i thought it was really cute also , I just had to have Mrs & Mr planters, need to get something in the Mr

      Delete
  14. Love the blue jars...and Im told the Ball with the line under it is older that the Ball with NO line. 8-)

    Im your newest follower. Please come follow me at http://www.PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shells and pearls such a pretty layout, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such amazing vignettes. Wow, I need to survey my outdoor space. Thanks so much for sharing! Love these gorgeous pics.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the info you gave me on Savannah. We have visited there before, but I am looking forward to the extended visit. We do plan on a tour. Tours help us to know what is in the area for interest and for eating! I have to be careful of Gluten so it sometimes presents problems! My hubby did say he would like to go to Paula Deans place (Hmm, don't know how to spell her last name!). I hear her boys are supposed to be cooking healthier? Do they have their own place? I take it Lady and Sons is her original place?

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK. Pearls on the lady planter? Hilarious... and perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the lady planter! I have never seen one like it before. Thank you for sharing with us at TTF. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful goodies! The blue jars are wonderful love the birdcage too. Hugs and thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete