Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Salt & Pepper

I was talking to a friend out in Portland Oregon who has new spot in a new antique mall in Oregon City ( Christine LeFever) and anyway she was telling me about one of her new projects using old rusty salt & pepper tops and the shakers in a garland somehow. Not knowing what they looked like I made a garland version with what old salt & pepper shakers I had and a few sterling lids off some of the sterling salt & pepper shakers I have then had t add a few rhinestones.
It didn't take long at all to make soon as I found my wire looked for that 15 minutes, I have so much in the studio I can't always find what I'm looking for. Getting my items together was fun also.

                                                              
                                     Click on this picture to make it bigger I think it is so pretty

I really enjoyed making this and have it hanging on a mirror in the studio. My Sally stitch name of this mannequin  was observing what I was doing. She stands by the mirror with all her lace collars and pearls on
                                                                   
                                                                               

In between the shakers and rhinestones and sterling lids I used some of my wooden thread spools for spacers. Click on these next 2 pictures to make them larger and you can see the beauty hanging on this wire




while I was waiting for my jar lids to dry I was working on this garland. I will hang the garland maybe across a window

I have about 20 old 3lb peanut butter jars and the lids were bright yellow. I knew something would have to change on them for anyone to see the beauty in these old jars. I still have some black chalkboard paint so went to work. First I just painted 3 then decided to do all of them so played for the last 2 days off & on with chalkboard paint and jars added a couple buckets and even did some glass canister jars for fun





the number 3 is a smaller jar and now all the lids drying after I painted all these I found another box of jars in the garage , they are still there done painting today LOL. The little bitty lids goes to some small jars that needed something done with them also. Oh I see a flower pot laying there I was painted my name on it. I was really having fun with that paint

                                                             


i wanted to add something to this bucket also. Once I had this bucket on the kitchen table with hydrangeas in it



now money jars and an old cardboard hat box I completely painted because the outside was dated but the inside has little blue birds





+
                                             
                                                            
          Now I'm headed to the mall to find a new swim suit ( on sale ) I am going to start swimming at a local   membership gym

                                                           
                                                                          
      My Linky parties i am joinging in this week

A Stroll Through Life                                Bunny Jean's Hop party                               
Coastal Charm  giveaway                 House of  Grace
                                                               
Faded Charm                                                    
Savvy Southern Style
Night owl crafting
Rednesday 
French Farmhouse giveaway
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Nita lost her sweet dog & needs a hug
The Brambleberry Cottage
I won a cookbook at dreamsintertwined
Tales from Bloggeritville
Charm Bracelet Diva                 
House of Hepworths     
Beyond The Pickett fence  
Somewhat Simple 
PRIMP 
A Collection Of this and That  
Nancy's Daily  has a giveaway   
My Romantic Home                                                                                         

24 comments:

  1. Janice the strands of salt and pepper shakers are cool! And I just bought myself a can of chalkboard paint so I'm going to use you for inspiration *winks* Good luck with the swimsuit thing! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some neat looking ideas here with that chalk paint...good luck with finding a swimsuit and thanks so much for joining me at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable idea....I could see that across the middle of a kitchen window!

    Hugs,
    Tami @ A Girls Gotta Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that beautiful garland! So creative. And so many great ideas for chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable garland! It's so pretty and creative!

    I hope you will bring one of your projects to my first Potpourri Friday Party this week - Friday, September 2. Link-up starts on Thursday afternoon. Without a doubt, your participation will help make the party better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unreal gorgeous. What a super idea. I love the variety you've found. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project, what's next. Richard from My Old Historic house. Oct. 8th and 9th, house tour, Apple fest, here in Clarksville.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your garland is very clever and pretty as well. Good job, especially on a trial basis. It is a charming success.

    I have never used chalk paint but it looks like you had fun with it.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. The salt shaker garland is a great idea - well done! I like the chalkboard paint on the jar tops, too. How handy is that - you can just change out the labels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place this would be to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nifty idea! It urned out so cute and so unique!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty creation! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chalkboard paint can be so addicting. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janice,
    Thanks for stopping by. Yes, Vanna always makes me chuckle. She is indeed a hoot.

    Loving those buckets.

    Great to meet you and I am now your newest UK follower.
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the fun we can have with chalkboard paint and those garlands are so sweet too. The best part is that you wouldn't have to damage them to string them.

    Thanks for joining this Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    @ Bunny Jean's Decor and More!
    (my MAIN blog)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janice your comment had me grinning from ear to ear! And a YEE HAW!! Right back attcha girl!
    I wish I had space in my bathroom to place her but I'm plum outta space. I pretty much put her in the only place in the whole house that was even remotely available! And yes bring the statuary in!....And then share em with us! *winks* Vanna/statuary fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang - you are one creative busy girl! I like your style and a new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garland idea is so unique and cute! Very creative! The chalkboard paint on the jar lids and bucket is very cute and smart!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've been quite the crafty lady, Janice! I love the garland. Very creative.

    Thanks for joining Time Travel Thursday again this week.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your garland is so pretty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea on the salt and pepper shakers! You can always find inexpensive ones at flea markets. They would also look cute outdoors in the garden hanging from a pole. Thanks for stopping by our Cottage. Laura I became your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Janice,
    Your projects are so creative! How fun is chalk board paint! As many times as I've been to Savannah, I've never thrifted there, my BF lives 40 mins from there. If you get the chance, go to HHI! look up thrift stores on the internet there's at least 8 or so. The best one is before you go over bridge but if you go on Sat, some of them close early. It's only about a hour and a half from Sav. and worth the trip! It's beautiful great beaches, great food someplace to see.
    Thanks for visiting!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! You joined my Pearls and Lace Thursday Party!!! How wonderful to have you! And the wired salt and pepper shakers are such a cute idea! Your Sally mannequin must just love having that hanging close by her!!!
    Great job on all the painted lids too. Can't wait to see what you put in all the jars!!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous idea! Thank you for joining my linky party!

    ReplyDelete