Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

Tole Wall Sconce

I have a red room which is my home office and I have several odd gold ornate frames and wall sconces on a wall in this room. I stopped in at the best resale shop here and found this Italian gold tole metal wall sconce for $2 !!! I could not believe it. It was in a large zip lock bag with the crystals in the bottom of the bag. I didn't care if crystal were missing because I have bowls full in the studio I have picked up at sales.                                                                  

I'll add some candles in it also. I didn't frame it with a large gold frame, because no wall space left
 I think this is the first wall candle sconce I got at an estate sale actually have another one to match but one arm is broke off so I have it just hanging from a chandelier over a work table in the studio
 Looking down toward the new wall sconce, this picture is dark it was raining here this morning and very cloudy. I am using my iphone for a camera
 At a glance
 This Italian tole chandelier is actually in my bedroom and I am going to have it moved to my office since it matches this wall new Italian  tole crystal wall sconce and the others. Don't know why I haven't thought of this before

I'm going to visit a cousin in St Louis and hoping we might find some great things at a yard sale or estate sale. I have bought a lot lately however all very reasonable prices just like this $2 piece


Linky parties I joined in 



20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful room! Everything looks very elegant against the red! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely pieces, Janice! I hope you find more amazing treasures in St. Louis! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, and all of your pieces go so great with the red walls...very classic.

    Have fun in St. Louis. One day I'll get there!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all, the wall scone is beautiful. I adore crystal and save them when i see them.. Lovely room color goes well with the gold frames. Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is beautiful. I especially love the round mirror near your black chair. I know you are finding a lot of goodies in St. Louis this weekend. Wish I was there, too. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful room and stunning collection - would love to stand and peruse it all! thanks for sharing your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely charming! What a wonderful eye for special pieces, and what a gift you have for arranging.

    What an elegant display!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning picture frames. Love the fish swimming up the wall. And what a find for 2.00!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Afternoon Janice, Your work room is stunning. I love how you have framed your wall sconce.... it looks amazing. When I look around your room there is so much to see and enjoy. My goodness, you must feel very inspired when you are working in there.
    Have a lovely trip and I hope you find some goodies.
    Best wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your red room. That color really sets off the gold frames and sconces! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so pretty! Love the vibrant color on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely crystals and sconces and frames! I love how you put them all together! I have a red room too....my bathroom and just the top half. No room for gorgeous sconces :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fabulous score for $2. Looks right at home amongst your other gold pretties. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is gorgeous ♥ Have a lovely Tuesday ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!! Be still my heart!!!Love the color of those gorgeous walls!! And the mirrors and sconce look stunning!! Drop dead gorgeous!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Janice $2.00, did you do a little dancing when you saw the price? I love the red wall with all that gold. It looks so beautiful how you framed it. Yes that little chandelier will look perfect in your office. Enjoy your latest score my friend.
    Sending blessings,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Janice $2.00, did you do a little dancing when you saw the price? I love the red wall with all that gold. It looks so beautiful how you framed it. Yes that little chandelier will look perfect in your office. Enjoy your latest score my friend.
    Sending blessings,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete