Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Story Time

I know just about everybody in blog land is playing with their Halloween decorations.Since my kids are out of the nest I usually don't do anything but bring my large Longaberger Pumpkin basket up to the kitchen and I'm too tired to go take a picture of it right now.

I went to a yard sale last Saturday, it was a gal going out of business selling all her vintage items anyway I bought 39 pink mercury ball shiny brite balls and they are all a beautiful faded pink for 20 cents each!

                                                                       

I got this tiny tiny gold cross pin on a little piece of cardboard  for 10 cents,that is a vintage clip earring laying beside it to compare the size
                                                                                                                       
             


Now I have a story to tell .

One of my grandsons came over for a visit early this week ,and he said Grandma is there something I can do to help you.So we went out front and cleaned a flower bed. He said Grandma I know who I am going to marry ! I said you do ?!!  Yes ! he said her name is Eden . He said he ask her and she accepted with two stipulations. One that she can finish law school after they are married ,he said he agreed that wasn.t a problem.Also she wants a pug dog and a chow chow dog and he said he wanted that also. I said does your Mom & Dad  know this girl. He said yes they know Eden and her family. 


Below is some projects i'm working on. I know it's not Halloween yet . But I play with my Christmas decorations year long.



Now Samuel is 8 years old !!LOL my Grandson 
Samuel made me this sweet pumpkin in his art class, it's a little bitty one , small as a tea cup, he says it's winking at me .The little top removes 



linky parties I'm  joining in 


24 comments:

  1. I love your story so sweet. Wouldnt it be nice if it could be a wonderfully come true story ... I wish him the best cute.. I dont celebrate the hloidays do to religion but.. I love pumpkins real fake etc.. Just love them.. Have a wonderful evening with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samuel sounds like a sweetheart! I love vintage Christmas, too...and always have it in my studio to look at and inspire me. Lovely ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a great deal on the shiny pink ornaments! Pretty :)
    Joy @ Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ornaments are such a precious pink. Samuel is too cute. It had me fooled until he mentioned the dogs she had to had. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or more likely taking it seriously until the dogs. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that story! Sounds like a smart boy who is picking carefully - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mercury glass balls were such an awesome find, you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Janice, that's so cute, the story and the pumpkin!! Your pink ball ornaments looks so pretty in that bowl, is it a punch bowl or not that big?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling your Grandson sounds like such a sweetheart~ Glad you found the Pink Trees now just give them a dusting of Mica! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such darling stories come so earnestly from little ones. I love the pumpkin gift.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Samuel sure has a good plan. :)
    Love the pink trees.
    Happy pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pink mercury glass balls. What a find! Samuel sounds like he has a good plan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a young man who knows what he wants and makes plans to get it. Love the cute and crazy pumpkin - it has personality!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your beautiful pink ornaments! What a great buy! I also love those little pink trees - how fun! Your story about your grandson was adorable. I wish I lived close to my grands - what a treat to have them be able to drop by!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, your grandson is so cute and sweet! Good buy on those pretty pink balls....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the old mercury ornaments and the pink is gorgeous! Sounds like your little grandson has a good plan!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet, sweet story! Your little guy is precious!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Afternoon Janice, Oh I loved the story about your grandson.... how precious. I also love your beautifully faded pink Christmas decorations. They remind me of the glass baubles my mother, Phyllis used to hang on our Christmas tree. Each year they were wrapped carefully in tissue paper and put away, hoping that the following year all were in tact.
    Best wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in awe of your shiny brites. What a fabulous colour they have now. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet story and so many pretty vintage finds. I love the pink balls and pink trees. I'm so ready to collect Christmas pretties again! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the pink Christmas trees! Sweet and precious stuffs. And the pumpkin is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Pink Saturday, Janice. Girl, you really made out with those gorgeous ornaments. Love them.♥

    Sounds as if your grandson is a man with a plan. What a darling story. Thanks for sharing with us.

    This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one that caught my eye".

    ReplyDelete