Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

sheep and china under lampshade

It was a good weekend. I had a family reunion with my sisters & families and 2 different sweet cousins came with their husbands. One cousin was my little rich cousin from St Louis and I was a little poor country girl LOl (I thought) Now I know I wasn't I had all my family back then.
Anyway when my rich cousin came my Aunt always brought hand me downs and I loved them. One year Aunt Lou gave me my cousin Easter hat and I had it on in our Christmas pictures LOL I took that picture to show my cousin and her husband
I made a peach and blackberry cobbler like Grandma always made for company
This is first family reunion I had been to since I was about 12 years old

Today after a nap I thought i should put another coat of primer on this bakers rack I am painting to put in the kitchen however after putting it in the kitchen well anyway that is to many things in the kitchen so I am putting it in the bedroom with the wall rack I just painted the bedroom with the round iron bed.
I bought this at an auction a couple summers ago

Before

after

       in the kitchen



Another thing I did this afternoon is I took a plate rack off the wall in my TV room , guess my living room really anyway thought I would hang my big sheep painting in there

            plate rack


sheep painting 44x 31 it is larger than it looks in this picture





I see lovely blogs all day long where ladies post pictures of their beautiful new lovely large homes well some day until then here is a look around my living room a few things not setting where I would like them but  what the heck



That clock sitting at the end of my sofa has to go someplace , hopefully in someone else 's house. FOR SALE
 China under a lamp shade. I set the shade there looking at it thinking about what I could do with it besides make a chandelier out o fit


    The I was looking at my old books which I love to try and read like the french dictionary and the old Missouri book


one more old book then that's all but this old book I can't read anything except the date click on the picture and it makes it larger to read better                     
I have some silver I need to get cleaning


                                                              
                                                                                                                 
  Links I am joining in this week

check out this elegant office/ studio Between Naps on the Porch
Boogieboard Cottage    found treasures
  A Stroll Through Life at this ladies Kitchen
Joining Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrify Tuesdays
                                                                
It's a very Cherry World today & REDNESDAY
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Savvy Southern Style WoW us Wednesday

                                                          
                                                            
                                                                               


                                                                     
                                                                                                                           
                                                   
                                                         

18 comments:

  1. Oh my those peis look delicious!! People don't seem to have family reunions much anymore--it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to paint things up, switch things around and then stand back and think, "Hey,that really looks good!" Great job on everything! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a very small house and I think it's way more of a challenge to properly decorate and accessorize with a small space vs. a large one. I love the sheep picture and what you're doing with it all! And I love the color of your walls! Very fresh and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't have to be large to be pretty and I think your house looks beautiful. Love your sheep picture and what you did to the bakers rack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your style is so unique compared to many other people thank you for sharing the info i found the details very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is always a rich cousin, at least you's brought you things. Mine just drove up in a big fancy car, fancy cloths, store bought cakes from fancy bakeries,kids dressed to good, shined up shoes and wearing expensive jewerly. I hated them, but, now they seem to be normal. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your paintings and you displayed them veryt nicely...Christube

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are rich now my friend, beautiful paintings lovely books and an abundance of bloggy friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your place is beautiful. There is no place like home! I love the sheep painting. Very pretty. Have a wonderful day. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you got to attend your family reunion! It was high time if you hadn't been since you were 12. *winks* Your cobbler looks delish!!
    And I LOVE your painting of sheep! You have such beautiful pictures! vanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your painting there! It looks great!:) And your old books are wonderful too. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your home and all of your beautiful vignettes and displays. The sheep painting is stunning, I love pics of farm animals. Your home is lovely. I have a really tiny house, so I do know the challenge of trying to decorate a small space. I think yours is gorgeous. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janice, You did it. You're email to the editor of Victorian Homes magazine, got my house and you a page in the newest addition. I just mine in todays mail. Thanks for you're help. Richard at My old Historic House

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Rednesday! Your cobblers look great. -Yes, it is all about the food.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG

    Did you see where Richard at This old Historic House sent me a message about his house being featured AGAIN in the next issue of Victorian Homes magazine

    His house is just fabulous


    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you cool the cobbler on the baker's rack?

    WOMAN IN THE SCARLET COAT

    Woman in the scarlet coat,
    Are you heading for a boat?
    Or perhaps you need a bus
    To get far away from us.
    Whether wheels or sails you take
    Don’t forget the chocolate cake
    To sustain you on your way;
    Red-clad damsel, now we say,
    “Go with grace, enjoy the ride,
    See you on the other side!”


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Red-Roofed Lighthouse

    ReplyDelete
  17. That baker's rack looks beautiful painted white, and those cobblers look absolutely delicious!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd give almost anything for the stash of old books .... sigh

    ReplyDelete