Pages

Friday, January 12, 2018

Tea

I think most of us love a cup of hot tea and I just keep buying different boxes of teas to try. Guess that's why I  am buying different tea pots also?
I posted a picture of my red and white transferware newest teapot however not setting with a mismatch tea cup which I found 6 of once at a resale shop here in town.






































I have maybe 4 cups and saucers in my Mason set that matches the creamer in the pictures. These little cups are marked England on the bottom I think any china that comes from england is wonderful,like my Burleigh staffordshire set in blue calico




While I was in Jefferson City Monday I stopped at a couple shops and found these gorgeous red and white transferware soup bowls there was 11 all together and priced for all 11 which came out to about $4.50 each so I had to have them. When I first started collecting transferware these were always were always priced $22.50 each up to $50 each! so I was well pleased to find them.




You can tell I haven't changed my table covering since New Years. I will today or maybe tomorrow.

When do we get enough dishes where they don't keep attracting our attention ?

I need to get ready for my job, I finally got my hours changed to 6 hours a day and I can tell I have lot more time to play with dishes LOL

Stay warm it's -8 below here this morning which makes it hard to walk very far without feeling it





I joined in these parties

Bernideen's Tea Time 
Coastal Charm 

18 comments:

  1. I love red transferware and your collection is beautiful. You were lucky to find them at such low price. I'm preparing a Rosary tea for January post and I used to start the year my beloved tea china for 12 in red transferware.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your transferware. Just beautiful. My daughter is a lover of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, Janice...I love the mix of patterns! Enjoy your tea! I enjoy having different teas, too...but my favorite right now is Bigelow's Constant Comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the hardest thing for me to let go of---dishes. Why is that?!?!!! I can purge and let go of so many things but I keep my dishes.

    I love red transferware, too and have quite a few pieces of it Can't wait to get my dishes back out of storage when we move. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful red transferware!Love all your china!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty dishes, love them! You sure got a great deal on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also partial to tea sets that were made in England. Your pretty red and white transferwares are a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your beautiful red dishes. I have lots of blue transferware. Cute little tea house. :):) Glad you have the hours you want. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these red and pink patterns of transferware, you have a lovely collection. Lucky you finding those at a low price. I'm still finding bits and pieces left out from the holidays. Hope to close the Christmas closet doors this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find! I found 8 bowls a while ago and was thrilled as well. There were four of two different patterns. It doesn't bother me because I love mixing patterns!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red transfer ware is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodie Janice - I love your bowls you got! Everything looks so pretty together. I am so thrilled you were able to join my blog party! I love the mixed and matched look too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep warm! Thanks for visiting me at Delights of the Heart. How I love, love your transferware. It does make me want more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the red transfer ware pieces that you have. So old fashioned and just cozy to me. The Brits probably wouldn't like me to call them cozy! I have found a few pieces that I have sold. I just don't have room to start collecting dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love tea and still use my grandma's china cups on occasion....guess I should do that more often. Lovely tea set. Traditions are so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janice, A great find of teacups and bowls. I have started blue and white in the last 2 years and there is some of it at thrift stores as others unload. I am grateful. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love red and white transferware. What a deal on the soup bowls!

    Hugs,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful dishes! Yes, when do we stop stopping in our tracks when we see a pretty dish? Is there such a thing as too many? I think not.

    ReplyDelete