Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

If Walls Could Talk

Do you remember that show that was on about 1800 houses and what they found in the walls when doing a remodeling ? I always enjoyed it.
As I was sanding one wall in my bedroom where an old intercom system was I dropped my sandpaper in the hole, and that is what made me think of that show. LOL

My friend Gina is wallpapering my bedroom for me and we ran out of wallpaper so waiting on the new paper to arrive to finish up. I have always wanted a bedroom in all blue and white toile. I have the bed covering and curtains so now with my walls covered all I have to do is new window blinds and cover a chair in matching toile which I have already.

Also if you have ever looked in Charles Faudree's design books you will see his little spaniel dogs which I have a small 4 1/2 x 7 inch paining of those kind of dogs, I found it in a shop in Portland Oregon once while visiting out there.



Then I have my big picture of my last little pug to hang back up in my bedroom. I bought this at a design store here years ago and have always loved it because it looks exactly like my little pug Sissy who died with cancer.



Random pictures I know of dogs so here is one more of a dog candle holder I have and just stuck this odd color candle it for size and have never changed it I will now



I am going to take a nap now well after I eat some chicken and mashed potatoes I made myself for lunch. I need to stay up and watch Queen Victoria tonight. How refreshing to know some Royals did love each other.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend

 I joined in these linky parties

Coastal Charm show and Tell 

20 comments:

  1. Charles Faudree lived in Tulsa until his death. His houses here came on the market soon after. I want to wallpaper my powder room in the Beverly Hills Banana Leaf pattern but don't know where to get it or how much or who to hang it. That should be my new years resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogs Charles Faudree owned and loved are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They are the sweetest, most loving lap dogs and are often used as therapy dogs. I have one, and would never own another breed. The joy this dog brings to us is indescribable!💗🐶

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wallpapering is an art form to me. I have never done any myself. I do admire people who can. I would be like Lucy and Ethel if I tried it. Pretty paper and cute knick knacks. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue is my very favorite color and I adore Toile. Your bedroom will be stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love toile wallpaper and fabrics and dishes. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything and everything toile. I once had a red & white toile kitchen and just loved it! Can't wait to see your bedroom al done up. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to finish! Come on wallpaper and get here! Yes, I am waiting for Victoria too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wallpaper! Your room is going to be beautiful! I have a good many rooms that I wallpapered.
    We hope to catch up on Victoria when we get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bedroom wallpaper is a favorite of mine and a dream to do one of my bedrooms. I love the idea of your dog collections to use there. Can't wait to see finished product. Sweet friend to hang your wallpaper.........have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new wallpaper pattern. The pictures you have collected to be hung on the walls will be perfect. You will have a beautiful bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore blue and white and love toile prints, beautiful with your wonderful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually after looking closely, my mother in law had this same pattern in rose in her entry way!!!! I knew I liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love toile and especially in blue and white. What a job to hang all that paper! Looking forward to pictures of the room done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it, it looks so pretty! cant wait to see it all finished! That is such a pretty candlestick too. HOpe your week is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am crazy for toille! I can't have it because our large contemporary art collection would clash terribly with it LOL. But I certainly enjoy it when other people use it!
    It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know how I missed this post but love, love what's happening here. Also, Gina's got a new haircut that is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I'm hopping over here from Nana Diana's blog. Your wallpaper is looking so nice! The dog pictures are perfect. Your room is going to look so good. I remember that TV show and used to love what they found behind the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a darling painting of the little pug, and your blue and white wallpaper is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh the wallpaper is just gorgeous! I adore painting and pictures of dogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect inspiration :) and what attention to detail! I admire and congratulate.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete