Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Before & After

I wanted to show some pictures of my progress so far rearranging my red transferware dishes in my chippy cabinet in my kitchen. Since I took all these pictures I have rearranged it again. I only have my iphone for pictures,i'm sure a better camera would show them off much better. I needed more lighting, however this past weekend it was rainy and cloudy and depressing  all weekend.
                                                   
    Light much better now  in this picture  for this picture                                                                       

My square Vista Mason platter 

My large 18 inch platter by Mason Vista pattern 

I have my aprons hanging on the side of this cabinet because my cook stove is to the left of the cabinet. I wear an apron a lot. You can see my cat's food glass compote and pictures of his cat friends down in the lower right side of picture. One picture is his last birthday card, he also has a mirror to look at himself while eating LOL 
                           
Don't  pay attention to the mess around the cabinet just look at dishes LOL  I had my Portmeirion Strawberry Fair dishes in this cabinet . I bought this set back in the 1990's when Kent's Florist and gift shop downtown was selling dishes. I just thought they were wonderful since they were Portmeirion. Now I want red and white transferware                                      



Someone had ask to see my entire Sheep painting. I'm not sure of measurements guessing it's like 2 1/2 feet by 4 1/2 feet, Its a large painting 

I'm back to work after the weekend of a predicted horrible ice storm which did not happen here.
I need to get really busy on making some Birthday cards and my gosh Valentines will be here before we know it. I didn't have time to get in on some Valentine's Day  cards swaps that I wold have liked to join in. I'm sure you are all ready with your projects. I use to always be ready now I have to many things to distract me from my card making like hunting more dishes  

Linky parties I  am joining in this week 



22 comments:

  1. These look terrific here. I fear I might be a tad embarrassed to venture too far into the china cabinet or hutch but that will change this spring! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful display of Red Transferware China. Although some are different they all go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your beautiful red dishes. Everything looks so good.

    Have a great rest of the week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful collection you have. I still love the Portmerion pieces I have. And that cabinet is fabulous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so nice! I know you'll enjoy them even more. I wanted to make cards this year...need to get with it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! And that is too funny about Shirley's little corner down there, I never noticed it! And the mirror, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh do I love that chippy cabinet. The red transfer dishes are beautiful inside. You have a great collection.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, oh I love the cupboard so, my kinda piece. Great collection of pretty dishes too. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always so overjoyed by visiting you here, darling Janice, your cabin is a dream to me and your Mason's Vista Red Ironstone is so very charming, I've watched these photos of yours so many times ... and I'm going and watch them once more, I'm a lover of antiquities and every post of yours is such a gem, thank you, dearest friend !

    Hope you're having the best of weeks,
    I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you,
    with utmost gratitude

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janice, wow, I am not sure what I love better - that awesome chippy cabinet or your huge collection of red transferware! What a great display it makes. You've done a fabulous job.

    I hear ya about making cards - my hobby area is out of control disorganized disaster in the basement - seriously - I keep a very tidy home, but my basement looks like it vomited. LOL. : - )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sheep picture (and the dishes, of course). We did get a horrible ice storm, then snow, then freezing rain, and now it is raining! Whew! We got thru it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the sheep painting! The cabinet is to lust after. I cannot express my awe of the red collection. Pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your red transfer ware dishes! Gorgeous! You and I could do some serious damage shopping together! LOL

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a beautiful collection, Janice...and love the cabinet...how do you use the little drawers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all sorts things in those drawers,top drawers on right is screw drivers, scissors, pencils &pens &
      flashlights.
      Middle drawers extra light bulbs for chandeliers, night lights etc
      bottom drawers still have small toys in them ,my little grandsons use to pull out and play with when learning to walk. A stuffed Barney and Baby Bopp,plastic measuring cups.
      Drawers on far left have baking things like cup cake papers, top sprinkles for cupcakes,
      Small bags for treats
      Nut pickers
      Last drawers has several boxes of playing cards.
      Just stuff like this all in my drawers.

      Delete
  15. Oh, what loveliness! And your cabinet is just darling! I am curious like Linda....how do you use the drawers?

    Have a beautiful Sunday! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing prettier than red transferware in a chippy cabinet!!! I LOVE that your cat has his own special decor where he eats his dinner! SO cute!
    Thank you for your sweet comment about my Christmas decor :)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot to say how much I love the sheep painting!!! I have a special love for sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore the sheep, the cabinet and of course that transferware! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cabinet is really amazing, and I love all the red transferware. What is the pattern called with the pretty blue flowers? I'm redoing my kitchen in blue and red and I'm looking for a new china pattern to start collecting. I think that might be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Janice, you really have a wonderful collection of red transferware. They look so nice displayed in your cabinet and I bet you can hide all kinds of things in those little drawers. The picture of the sheep is very charming too. Thanks for giving us a peek and have a lovely week.

    Winter blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete