Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Little White Desk


I want to show the after picture first, seems like the before pictures on painted furniture is always ugly ? right. There is nothing like white paint to clean up and doll up a piece of furniture big or small.                          
                                                 
I have always liked any desk that you can stick mail or post cards in slots. I have a big desk downstairs I want to get painted white and use it again upstairs in the kitchen. I was moving it once and dropped it and broke off front legs which can be fixed by someone who knows how. This is when I'm jealous of gals who have a handy man husband who can use tools and fix anything. I can glue rhinestone and paint and sew little but can't use tools
This is a very small tea set setting on it.Some 1900's post card with once cent stamps on them
I painted this while I was downstairs doing laundry this past Tuesday. I took it out back on my patio and gave it about 4 coats of paint. I usually work on something when i'm in the studio which is right next to the laundry room and my storage room that I drag things out of.
My storage room junk is going down since I have had so many yard sales

 Before White spray paint, this little desk is 10 inches in height x 7 x 4 inches , I think I found it at a yard sale once.

It's so small I may put it on my etsy shop? Do you think anyone besides me would want it ? 

Linky parties I joined in 


33 comments:

  1. I think it's adorable and I love the compact size. Perfect for on top of a desk or even a kitchen counter. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your little slotted desk is adorable and very unique too. It would be cute sitting on a desk or hanging on the wall in an office. Thanks for sharing with us and Happy June, Janice!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'd want it if I can find a place for it....and even if I can't. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super redo! Thank you for sharing it on SYC! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A coat of paint is exactly what it needed! Would be a great little thing to stick mail in on a kitchen desk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure, with the white paint touch it has become much more precious and so very beautiful, Janice, just well done !

    Enjoy the remainder of your day, sweet friend,
    sending hugs and more hugs to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it too! I have a small roll top desk...it would be cute on top! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Janice. Yep put it up for sale someone is going to love this pretty piece.
    Great job.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just lovely love the organizational aspect of the piece don't like clutter and this is perfect have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming transformation. It looks adorable with the wee tea set. Thank you for so faithfully joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You are a treasured blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is adorable and would have a hard time parting with it myself! I know, I know, we can't keep everything....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would want it, I love the sweet piece.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have created something beautiful out of a found treasure.
    There is nothing better!
    Thank you for joining us at Thoughts of Home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet and adorable!
    Thank you for joining us at TOHOT!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the desk organizer white. I have a similar one that is useful wherever it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think many folks would like that cute little pieces. I haven't checked but it you did put it on your etsy shop, it's probably gone already! Enjoy a wonderful weekend! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This little desk is perfect for many things. The white paint is just what it needed. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very inspiring to me. I am hoping to refurbish an old desk in my garage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Janice, I have to say that this piece does actually look better white! :) I've been missing you and I have something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks super nice. Love the old post cards and tea cups as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I, too, love little cubbies and when we moved, I gave away one I had and now I am sooo sorry...on the hunt for another. Yours is so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great little cubby. I used to keep an old cubby on my desk when I taught school. Pretty tea set too. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute is that?! Isn't it amazing what a little white paint can do? It just gives everything a fresh, new look. Your little tea set is adorable on top. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I think it's a darling little white desk! It seems that anything with slots or cubbies sells quite well. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just lovely, Janice! Thank you for sharing your sweet white desk @Vintage Charm--pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just lovely, Janice! Thank you for sharing your sweet white desk @Vintage Charm--pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now Janice - this is sure darling. I love little pieces of furniture like this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now Janice - this is sure darling. I love little pieces of furniture like this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Janice, this little white desk transformation is adorable. Thank you for always linking up at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to be featuring your sweet little desk at tomorrow's party. Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete