Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ironstone

Every year in April my church has a ladies conference and we who want to can hostess a luncheon table and set it and decorate it  to our liking. I have done this a few years and last year I set a table with my old vintage ironstone platters also I used some of my vintage ecru dresser scarfs and an old table cloth all in an ivory or ecru color.Then I had made button flowers like on my sidebar   of the blog. I used the old pitcher for ice water. I can't believe I didn't take my camera, where was my head? well anyway these are a few of the dishes I used.



                                                      
The reason I brought this all up was because one of the ladies who was  at the luncheon  approached me at church last week and said she would love to buy all the dishes I had used at last years ladies luncheon, just tell her what I wanted for them! I said after I got the shocked look off my face, I don't think I can sell them because I have collected these for years and you just don't find them very often around here. I said they are usually $15-$20 each for the platters at different antique malls. She said OK I will pay you that .
I told her thanks but I think I will just keep them Do you think I am wrong since I have had them over 20 years should I pass them on? for someone else to enjoy., not really since this is something I have held onto this long might as well keep them, just answered my own question



                                                        
Some things I have had for years I just enjoy over & over and then some things I have bought and decided to sell at a yard sale. A friend tells me I can't believe some things you have let go and didn't blink an eye.







I will set another table with my old ironstone  this April for the luncheon and I will remember to take my camera
                                                             



I like my  staffordshire   brown & white calico cups & saucers , I thought they looked good with the ironstone.





I have several little ironstone butter pats also just forget to get them out for this post

                                                          
           I think I will be keeping my ironstone


I added follow me by email on my side bar,  not sure if it's working , somone let me know thanks xoxo

Link parties I have posted in
                                        
Between Naps on the Porch/giveaway
The Brambleberry Cottage
French Country Cottage
Commond Ground
The Charm of Home
              2805    
My Romantic Home  
At The Thrifty Groove     
Stuff and Nonsence                                            

28 comments:

  1. Love all your wonderful ironstone girl..I had my kitchen 30 years ago wallpapered in that same brown/white and just loved it..Thanks for sharing..Hope you have a GREAT weekend my friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family had every meal on the ironstone my Mom collected through the years...When we still go over, her everyday is her ironstone...I can't imagine that she would sell it...I know we aren't to attach to "things", but those things have behind them our memories....What a gift you gave the ladies at the luncheon with your amazing table...Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a problem letting go of 'most' things but other special items,...never!

    Beautiful dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photos are fabulous, and i'm still in love with the stuff after all these years of collecting it! timeless!

    found your post via frenchcountrycottage...come visit me anytime!

    michele

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/02/heart-for-vintage.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like you really enjoy collecting this ironstone. Why sell it if you enjoy it so much. You have a nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One part of me says sell them, another part of me says, what will it cost to replace them. Who's to say? That's my mothers favorite line. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Grandmother always said "Maybe So" if I would ask her anything so glad we can remember what our Mother and Grandmother use to tell us

      Delete
  7. I just love ironstone. I had 4 really great large platters on a shelf and one day I heard a crash. Yup, all of them smashed and you know how sturdy they are.So now I am on the hunt again:)Are you looking for full set of mother of pearl forks or are single ones ok? I will look tomorrow:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ironstone plates are gorgeous and it sounds like you're still enjoying them. I'd be keeping them if I had any doubt in my mind. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should keep your ironstone. I bet it did set a pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand why you want to keep your ironstone. I'm sure your table setting in April will be lovely.
    I'm your newest follower and hope you'll stop by some time, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you love the china and are still enjoying it and using why would you want to part with it, definitely keep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmmm that would be a really tough question...You'd have to add up all the pieces to get the price, and then think to yourself if what you could now buy.... would you love it more than the ironstone?
    My guess is probably not... since you've been collecting it for such a long time *winks*
    I'm crazy for ironstone too Janice. I'm especially attrated to the old pitchers....something about their shape just draws me in....The tureens too! I love them best when they're all discolored from use *winks*
    Girlfriend I think you would love the VV! And you don't need much money either! So don't you let that stop you from coming for a visit soon OK? I can't wait! *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't part with them unless absolutely necessary. They are all so pretty together! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that ironstone and I can tell you do, too. Keep it, girl! I found myself wishing I could dig through that flatware, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that ironstone and I can tell you do, too. Keep it, girl! I found myself wishing I could dig through that flatware, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the ironstone looks beautiful. I can understand why the lady wanted to buy them. And love the calico cups! Thank you for joining TTF and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot let go of my treasures either and if you use them why should you? I think I saw some of these in the Catholic thrift store Saturday-should have got them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. NO WAY!!!! Some things we just can't part with....no amount of money can replace the memories of the years of collecting your gorgeous ironstone. I have a few pieces of the brown calico, they are 5 salesmen samples of crocks. Amazing little pieces and still packed away til I can find them. I will be looking for them and add them to my white collection as you made me think outside the box.
    Hugs to you my friend....Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everybody for the advice, guess I will keep the ironstone dishes, I found more platters over the weekend in the bottom of a bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  20. HELP !!!!!!!! somebody help me, I can't post any more, blogger has gone away or what???????????????

    what do I need to do

    curtainsinmytree@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think it's blogger, I'm still able to post. I wish I knew!?
    I'll keep checking on you:(
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Dear,
    I think, you should not sell your Ironstone if you love it so. It looks really pretty with the brown Chintz pattern. Was surely a nice table. But maybe you can help this interested woman to find some for her. So sorry that you din't won the tea cozy. I wish you luck for the next giveaway.
    I hope your blogger problem is solved meanwhile.
    Hugs and best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  23. ahhhh! What a lovely collection (you've got our hearts pitter-pattering!) We think you've made the right decision ~ you'll be glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm kind of getting into ironstone, too (as if I need more dishes)! Yours are lovely - I'd certainly hold on to them. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a great collection of ironstone... I probably would not have sold either.
    Have a great weekend!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your blog & thank you for your visit to mine! Have a good weekend. Lizzie

    ReplyDelete