Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Lunch hour treasures

Today on my lunch break ( Thursday) I did some power shopping at a couple resale  stores that I hadn't been to for a while

I had wanted  a built in book cases under my counter in my kitchen but seen this little table already painted and shabby chic ed up and it fits . About the price of lunch at Hardees. I just added these books real quick to see if it would work

   I bought this little couple for price of some ice tea I thought they would look good in the book cases then moved them here on this marble and iron plant stand



This needlepoint rug was about the price of you and me having luch at McDonald's with a coupon LOL

                                                           

This little tole painted wastebasket was $1.98 better than any goodwill store ? right . Would you believe last spring I sold one for $10.00 then here I am getting another one I can't decide what I want in my house .

                                                                         


This little lamp I found at an antique shop In Jefferson City Missouri (Tuesday). I knew I wanted her soon as I seen her but expected the price to be unbearable well was I surprised. Prices on lots of items have really dropped around here. She has a twin however she was double the price because of a fancier shade so she still lives in Jefferson City Missouri
                                                                                                                              



Here is what her twin looked like lOl

                                                                                                                                     
I bought this brass napkin holder for my letters and cards $2.00




 
 I am always on the look out for pretty cards and love displaying them in my office , home office                                                                     
                           
My box from Savannah hasn't arrived yet and I bought something else today after work and can't get it out of the car by myself so soon as I corner a neighbor I'll get a picture and show you

A friend gave me some hot pepers  because the garden was done for the year. However I don't do hot peppers but thought they looked good in the large shell on my counter
                                                                 
                                                         Linky parties for this post

French Country Cottage
 Finding Fabulous
The Thrifty Grove  
504 Main
Commond Ground
No Minimalist Here
 BE Different Act Normal
  French Cupboard
 How Sweet The Sound
                                                                                                   

15 comments:

  1. Well you didn't use any calories on this lunch hour! Your haul was great, I really like the tole painted trash can, and that rug is gorgeous. Lucky you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you found some treasures. Richard from My Old Historic House

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful and thrifty finds! I love that rug, and all of your other treasures are wonderful too. Well done! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A woman after my own heart. :-) Love the joy of hunting - and finding! -- such affordable and unique pieces!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of good stuff. I love the needlepoint rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great treasure I found in your blog. I have just become one of your followers so will be able to see all your beautiful cards when you blog them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You scored some great stuff. I'll trade you a couple of Big Macs for that rug :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great treasures finds! Love that rug! and the painted waste basket is wonderful. I am working on a post about toile panted trays right now. Love them! Thank you for joining TTF! I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
    Hugs, Diann :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that trash can and the rug and love the way you "priced" things - that was inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janice I woulda so grabbed that rug from you! What a beauty! I love all your other thrifty finds too! I have that same exact letter holder *winks* And what a deal on that trash can....I'd keep it this time. Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found you blog, love it and I have added myself as a follower.
    Thanks for sharing, a woman after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure made good use of your lunch hour! I love the rug and the brass napkin holder - so pretty! My aunt had the boy and girl pair long ago - an ivory color. I always admired them, but couldn't touch!
    Found you on Pink Saturday! Following to see what else you find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...you scored! Power shopping sure paid off for you!!! Love the trashcan the best!

    ReplyDelete