Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Louis Vuitton is here

While I was in Savannah Georgia on vacation  of course I hit some antiques shops and received my large box from the UPS man Friday.  I had to rearrange my living room book cases to show off one of my passions in life. Louis Vuitton
Before and after pictures 

Before I  unpacked my box I was so excited to get it , really worried it may get lost, but the UPS man made it



Don't ya just love that darn packing pop corn it sticks to everything I like to never got it off the rug


 I even bought 2 empty boxes from the same store  on ebay I can never get  a LV box and came home with 2 . Sounds funny to buy a box but they are collectable
top of book cases before I moved a few things , play I spy and follow the dogs LOL

                                                             
                                                    
               
                            Ta Da


Since I took this picture Sunday I have added a few more things on top but you get the idea
I moved my staffordshire  dogs to a higher place on the book shelf

This is my servants bell pull I found on my trip , my first one they can get pricey also because I never want just one of anything LOL

I love this stuff we all have things we hunt for and Louis Vuitton is one I hunt for and this was a total surprise I was just looking to be looking and there she sit among several pieces also at a good price compared to Ebay

                                                                 
All in all I had another great trip south and want to go back in March for a book signing at Back in The Day Bakery I hope to stay at The Ballastone and they said they are booked for the 100th Girl Scout week that would be March 12th 2011 also  I found another place that is over the top called The Mansion which would be close to the bakery   . I just hope the book signing isn't the same week of the Girl Scouts 100th anniversary or I am out a place to stay the young concierge said the town will be full for the weeks activities with Girl Scouts from all over the USA

I went shoping today and brought home more treasures that I will show next post. I had wanted to get my silver chest painted today but once I leave the house I have to hit some of my favorite shopping stops
                          
                                                                
                                                       
                  Linky parties i am joining in

Coastal Charm                                          Bunny Jeans        
Charm bracelet Diva                               The Shabby Creek Cottage                                    
Faded Charm                                           Somewhat Simple                                            
Savvy Southern Style                              The Brambleberry Cottage       
No Minimalist Here                              The Coloradolady
Laurie Anna's                                         The Shabby Nest
My Romantic Home                                The French Country Cottage
The Thrifty Groove                                        2805

32 comments:

  1. Yum! I love your LV suitcase. And your grouping is wonderful.
    Have a great day.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. LV suitcase how fantastic! Thank you for dropping by my blog. Hope to see you again.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you done good. You did not have to go all the way down south to buy a bell pull, I had 3 in my shop and you passed them up. Shame on you. No, Really it is lovely. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag! It looks great on top of the cabinet. Come on over and share at my Club G.W. party going on now!

    xoxo
    Kathleen
    Charm Bracelet Diva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice, I really like that LV on top of the entertainment piece... will you also be using this luggage when you travel?

    I LOVE your Staffordshire dogs! That is something that I would love to collect.

    Thanks for linking to my party this week.

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! What a find! Big congrats. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Still pinching my arm over Rachel.

    xo

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me good LV... I don't have a suitcase... yet... although I do have a dress bag and carry on tote...backpack, bazillion purses.. well you get the idea. I hoard them lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say that's a lucky find. Looks great on top of the book case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uuhhh....yummy! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm mmm mmmmm.....! What a lucky lady - love it with your other suitcases - looks great above! Bet you'll be spying it from every angle (we know that we would!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post...I love it when I can find that super duper something special...it is like Christmas when it arrives. Thanks for sharing...love it too!

    Big hug
    Elizabeth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking LV piece, Janice! I see you gave it pride of place atop your bookcases. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your grouping works so well with the new additions.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to meet you...thanks for stopping by. I love your treasures & your display!
    Cheers!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved your Girl Scout story...that is so cool! If you have any old photos from the parties you should post them. My best friend works for the Lego corp. and it just so happens that she is coming to stay with me next week to attend the National Girl Scout convention here in Houston! She asked if she could borrow my old badges to take and dispay.

    ♥Linsey
    Farmhouse Porch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! Sorry I'm late in responding, but I wanted to thank you for visiting my post about my dear friend Maria. I love your Louis Vuitton bags, and wow - I didn't realize the boxes were collectible, too. Your space looks great with them displayed!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, look at the stitching and finish on that case. Gorgeous! This is a lovely idea for a collection. Congratulations, it always feel good to find a new piece to add, whatever it is you collect.
    I'd also like to say 'thank you' for popping over to my blog and commenting and yes, as soon as I finish another Skeleton Marie, I'll let you know. The first is a surprise gift, so it's hush hush...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW, What a great LV you found, lucky girl. Hope you enjoy your tour of the old mansion your going on. I love touring these old homes, especially when they restored and furnished with period pieces. you have a great blog, I can't wait to tour more of it.
    Hope your weekend is great.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing find and I love it over your cabinet. Thanks for popping by - your red & white transferware is gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Janice, you did an amazing job! Love that suitcase. Now, how did you get that up there? :)
    Oh, if only I could mix you up a magical batch of brew to take away that disc problem, I can't imagine how much pain that must cause for you. So instead I'll give you a hug and how about some fairy dust? :)
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs Rosemary...xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are beauties-and look great on that lovely wall hutch..
    Great Blog.. Happy New Follower
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Visiting from My Romantic Home. Love the Louis, the Staffordshire dogs, and the perfect way of displaying your treasures. A fellow dealer approached my husband a couple of years ago asking him if he would like to add to my LV collection. Her ex-husband was a very prominent banker in our hometown and traveled to Paris often. For sale was his personal LV suitcase purchased in Paris at a ridiculously good price. S-O-L-D! It's a happy day when a collector is able to find a piece to add to their collection at an affordable price. The hunt never ends and the deals are the thrill! Congratulations on your find.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well girlfriend you know how much I love LV *winks* It combines my love of all things French and Louis!
    I love where you've placed your new suitcase and I love the staffordshire spaniels with it. Isn't it great when you're just out and about and run into treasure like that?
    Oh and if you need any LV shopping bags let me know...I've got a bazillion of them. I alwo have some scarves you might like... Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lucky you I love LV too, everything in it and your luggage is gorgeous and where you placed it is perfect! I'm also crazu about Staffordshire dogs, I need to get a couple at e'bay too. Congrats on your wonderful find. Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I LOVE LV...that is great! Lucky you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So jealous! What an amazing find!!
    Happy Halloween weekend!
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for stopping by my blog & your sweet comments about my bottle brush trees! Love your display!! What a find!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I missed out buying a smaller LV case at a local on-line auction recently. I was outbid with only a few seconds to go. Boy, was I bummed! Yours is wonderful and it looks great on top of the cabinet. Thanks for linking to the Open House Party and have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, were you ever lucky to score an LV suitcase! What a terrific find and it looks great on top of your cabinet.

    I am delighted you linked this terrific treasure to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, what a great find! I love it and I am very jealous! LOL I love LV and have abut 8 pieces but, NO suitcase!! ! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete