Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

I got A Cow free

Well the rest of the story is I won  gift certificates at McAdam's LTD antique store  in town. Last year at the annual Christmas party I won 2 gift certificate and I already used one to buy a friend a present at the store last Christmas.

They have an annual antique tent sale so I picked out this cow and some other items to spend my gift certificate. He looks good on the book shelf with the staffordshire dogs



I love his blue bottom . I thought he looked good with all my other oldies on this shelf

                                             
          Then I still had money left on the certificate  so picked out some little shakers to use for my china garland i am making



Then I got this gorgeous mirror its like a wood and very light weight for a mirror and painted an old cream color , love it. It is so hard for me to take a picture of a mirror and keep me out of the picture? what about you

                                                                      
                                                                
                                            

 This sweet little bust type girl reminded me of Vanna" winks" at delusion of grandeur . She loves the lady busts and so do I just don't have one


                                           
She has little pockets to put small treasures or is it her lap?



I put her on the shelf with all my other ladies of the past

The I still had enough money left to purchase another cake server I have several but you have to spend your gift certificate money or loose it



                                                                       
                                                
Well I need to get someplace fun so will talk later xoxo


 This  Weeks linky parties I am joining

Between Naps on the Porch                                                          
  Coastal Charm                                                  The Shabby Creek Cottage             
A Stroll Through Life                                           The Vintage Farmhouse                                 
Charm Bracelet Diva                                          Pearls and Lace Thursday
It's a Very Cherry World                                    Beyond The Pickett fence
Faded Charm                                                     The Brambleberry Cottage
 Savvy Southern Style                                  
  Bunny Jeans party                            Back 2 Vintage Give A Way
My Romantic Home                            The Shabby Nest
AtThe THRifty Grove        
 French Country Cottage

Finding Fabulous

Frugalicious Me giveaway 
 Common Ground 
                                                                                                                                      

21 comments:

  1. Well that must have been a nice amount you won. That was great. I have that same cow statue in my shop. I sell them all the time. I need to get to McAdams one of these days, I never remember when I come that way. i think it is owned by a man from around here? I hope to see you in a week or so at Applefest. Thanks, Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice you found some great stuff! Of course I'm gonna love that girl bust! *winks* I've never seen a girl bust planter like that before. And you have sooo many beautiful things on the shelf with her.
    I also love that mirror! And yes I've found when I'm taking pictures of almpost anything at my house I'm being reflected in some darn mirror! And it's NOT easy to avoid them! And that little cow is adorable! Thanks for the shout out girlfriend. Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did great...love all the goodies you found! The mirror is really lovely and the cow is my favorite! Thanks for stopping by, Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty mirror. You found some pretty great things!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, you found some fabulous treasures. Love the way you have them displayed. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I stampeded over (from Savvy Southern Style) to claim my free cow.

    Seriously, I've enjoyed looking at all your awesome finds; I covet your lovely mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mirror, I just try to stand at the farthest angle to still get a shot.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. You spent your gift certificate wisely. I enjoyed seeing all you goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janice, you really found some lovely treasures! I love the beautiful bust!

    Thank you for the birthday wishes!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had lots of fun shopping!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Come back anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That must have been a good size gift certificate to be able to get so many goodies. They are all so pretty and make nice additions to your collection.

    Could that mirror frame be a kind of paper mache since it is so lightweight?

    Thanks for coming to the party!
    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great 'score' you got winning the Gift Certificates AND being able to choose such Special Treasures & the lovely Cow does have a Stafforshire look to her doesn't she? I want to thank you for notifying me this Morning that I won on Doni's Give-Away... she had tried to leave a comment on my Blog but right now for some reason not everyone trying to post a comment is apparently able to on it & I'm reluctant to lift the protective filters lest the Trolls & Spam start rolling in again. *LOL* Don't need the tortured Souls bringing everyone else down with negativity, I always try to have my space here be Positive & enriching for everyone, including me! *Smiles* I do Hope you're able to find Velvet Pumpkins somewhere because they really are a nice touch to keep out year-round & not just for Autumn decorating... I put my Bohemian Bling on them for easy accessibility & flashy vignette making. *winks*

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janice,

    My mom used to have a S & P shaker set like the one you just got. Thanks for the memories.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that must have been some gift certificate! You sure got a lot of neat treasures. Love the mirror and the cake server is beautiful. Love the cow he is too cute. See you soon. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cow was worth saving your gift card for! What a nice prize he is. Or she? I guess he would be a bull not a cow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that was a great choice to do with your gift certificate. She is a great prize. Congratulations! I am loving that mirror of yours...fabulous!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great founds, I like all:-)
    Hugs, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! I love cows too! How fun to get so shop for free stuff!! I love your little girl bust...she's so sweet! SO glad you joined me for Pearls and Lace Thursday! Your pretties are a great addition to the party!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun finds and you can't beat the price!Thank you for joining TTF and I am so sorry I am so late in visiting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That frame is gorgeous. And the little cow is so sweet! :) You got some fun stuff.

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Janice, what fun you must have had spending that gift certificate, just like getting free stuff. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete