Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Meet me in St Louis

A friend and I headed to  St Louis to just go to resale shops and first thing we got side tracked. We stopped at St Peters  Mall and run in to see what Macy's had on sale we had our extra 20 percent off coupons with us . LOL. I bought a new outfit !!

  Then another outfit from a great store I like flashy sequins top



 Then we did get on our way to a resale shop. I bought a couple sleeveless tank dresses to wear over my swim  suit while going to the pool which I have been doing on Tuesday's.

Then we got lost trying to get to Clayton. I had it all on map quest(at home) and my GPS would not take the short cuts it wanted to get back on 70 go 40-64 through chesterfield any way we got side tracked again and found a goodwill in Hazelwood  ?

Robin is not a dish person and doesn't know a vintage dish from any other dish. But she likes to shop just not into the vintage things like me.
 Well I found a few things I wanted like this old china peculator it just talked to me you know what I mean girls. Then there was 6 cups and a cream and sugar to match so had to have them all. A lady watching me looking at all of this stuff said is it talking to you??? LOL i laughed and said YES she knew the routine. It's made by Hall China Company, says on bottom of cofee pot
                                       

I looked it up in The Collector's encyclopedia of HALL CHINA

It is made just like all the jewel tea autumn leaf percolators in the book. I bought this book once because I was always buying my Mom pieces to go with her set. Now it's all in the studio in an old pie safe

matching cream & sugar

                                                             

6 cups


also spoon holders or silverware holders. I put spoons in them

                                                                                
                                                                   
                            
            
Has any one ever seen this pattern on anything? It looks like a medical emblem maybe this was made for the head of a hospital's office .
( Dr House)??? maybe LOL the TV doctor

The cord was inside and it works . I will use it for a while then sell it at the next flea market  if not I can set in the kitchen

                                                                                                       




Then i seen the usual pretty pictures. This first one I forget the artist name . It is in our capital someplace.Then other pictures I took at Home Goods I liked the black & white but just can't start another deco in my small house

                                  
                                                                                        

                                                                      


Like these from home goods store





Oh I just remembered this is my  1st Anniversary month.

I started  my blog last year in August. Thanks to different ladies encouraging me . It has been so fun and kept me company on lonely evening .
Thanks for everybody who leaves me comments

xoxoxo Janice
                                                                      
                                                            
Linky  Parties I am attending this week

A Stroll Through Life
  Coastal Charm
Faded Charm
Savvy Southern style
Between Naps on The Porch 
The Brambleberry Cottage         
My Romantic Home  
French Cupboard          
Commond Ground
Gypsy Brocante has a fabulous bag give a way    
Robin Story Designs has a giveaway Annie Sloan Paint                         

19 comments:

  1. glad you had a great time in St Louis! Just love going to Home Goods

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first year!

    We always go 40-61 to Clayton, because we like to avoid 70 at all costs!!LOL

    When you were at Macy's you were in my stompin' grounds. I was one of the original employees of that store when it opened as Famous Barr in 1981. Can't believe that was 30 years ago. It was the only store the entire 4 years I worked there. Just Famous Barr sitting out in the middle of what used to be a cornfield!:-)

    You found some wonderful things. Love the spoon rests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good trip to St.Louis. When oh when, are you acoming to Clarksville? Richard at My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say hi! I am new follower and fellow Missourian! Looks like you had a great trip to St. Kouis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your road trip with your girlfriend sounds like a blast! And your medical coffee set is cool! I really wish we had a Home Goods. Those signs are soooo me! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! The coffee pot is very retro and cool. Percolated coffee is so rare nowadays but takes me straight back to my childhood as my parents would percolate coffee for a special treat! I still love the sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Nice finds. That coffee set has a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband grew up in Clayton so we go "junkin" in St. Louis a lot! (Clayton and Webster Groves are both great lookiloo neighborhoods!)
    Love the coffee set!
    Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary. Sounds like a great time and a lot of fun. Love the coffee pot. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous coffee set, I love, love it! Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog and your find and my visit from Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That red checked tablecloth is just perfect for the cups and coffeepot!

    I’M FOND OF CERISE

    For red my affection is great,
    It’s puce and chartreuse that I hate.
    I’m fond of cerise,
    It makes a nice piece
    Of clothing that looks just first-rate.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Lost Red Spoon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't believe I've ever seen spoon holders. What a find you discovered! Those symbols are pharmacy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Janice! It's so nice to meet you! I so love the coffee set!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE what you found!! The spoon holders are pretty cool. It would be really fun to go shopping at YOUR house! Ha, ha. And, thank you for posting the picture of the Paris sign from Home Goods. It gives me an idea for my son's room... He just came back from a UK trip with a quick day and a half in Paris. His 16 yr old self thought it was the best city in the world. :)
    Bless your fur babies in Heaven and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fun shopping trip...i do adore a good resale shop...thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh everything look's so lovely...I love your blog cant wait to see more. Thank's for sharing.
    Love,Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the little cream and sugar set. The crests on the side are so chic!
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete
  19. You found some really neat things, Janice. And the coffee set is quite interesting!

    The symbol in the lower right side of your coffee pot looks very similar to a Caduceus symbol - though the wings on it look more abstract. The other symbol definitely stands for pharmaceutical or prescription.

    Perhaps this was a set used by Army physicians and pharmacists. I would DEFINITELY do a bit of checking BEFORE I sold it at a flea market, if I were you. You might just have something of value here.

    Thanks for linking to the party again. I hope to see you this week.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete