Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Updated Painted Cabinet


I finished painting  an old pine kitchen cabinet I found in an antique shop going out of business .
I had wanted a large cabinet to display different sets of dishes. First I'm starting showing my purple transferware dishes on the cabinet.

I will put my brown and white transferware next  since it's fall and I use them for Thanksgiving .


Now believe me it's not completed yet. I have more purple and white dishes to add to this and I want to put my Pink Luster set somehow also. I will remove my silver tray on the bottom
I was just trying to get a feel how I and what I wanted on it



Had to get my Hot Skwash pumpkins in the picture some how ,the gold velvet one is my new one I got just this week . Notice my larger one in the full picture. Kent's a local florist sells these. he has some every large ones can you believe $800-$1000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are covered with swarovski crystals



This is what I had setting in this space before. So glad my son in law and grandson came over and moved it downstairs to the studio for me , the drawers are full of linens, cups and saucers and more silver spoons.


Here is a for real picture setting in my garage before I got busy painting ,wanted you to see the pine color . See my Elvis clock? his legs goes from one side to another , sort of like the kids are doing these days LOL


It will be so fun filling it up from time to time with all my different sets of dishes and silver pieces and for Christmas maybe a little tree and lots tartan plaid throws



Gosh it is fall weather here also, I even turned my furnace on and 2 weeks ago it was 100 degrees here . There was doors for this cabinet and the lady couldn't find them however I like  the bottom open, don't you ?



Pink Saturday

Let's Add Sprinkles 

19 comments:

  1. I just love it. That is one problem I have in this rental. No place to put all my dishes. I really love all dishes and have way too many sets. Just kind of crazy really. I DON'T have any lavender/purple transferware though...hmmmmm...no! Slapping myself. I do not need any more dishes...I'll just enjoy yours vicariously. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. We went from too hot to almost cold in one week. Rainy and dreary. I hope this does not mean it is going to be like this all winter. Donna@Gather I'm still only able to comment as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely lovely!! We are now getting some wonderful Fall weather here!! What a relief from the heat of this past Summer!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it Janice! How fun it will be to play and change it out from time to time! The pumpkins look fun on it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your transferware dishes and the cabinet is lovely, you did a good job on it. Gives me ideas..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is such a nice display piece! You really scored. And I agree. The lower display area looks fantastic open. Love your glass dome down there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cabinet looks beautiful in white and I love the purple transferware.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a wow...all of it!! The cabinet looks amazing, I am staring at my own pine server in the kitchen wondering about painting it now. And purple dishes? I have never seen them in that color and they are spectacular! Enjoy your new view. Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the makeover. White paint is always my first choice. Your gorgeous purple transferware just pop. It looks great! Those pumpkins are fabulous too. Blogger is at it again so I have missed some of your posts. I will be catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving what you did with your pine piece. Some wood, pine being one I feel like needs a facelift and paint added. YOu did a great job and I love those dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling find in that cabinet. Your collection of purple transferware enchants me. I'll take all the velvet pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cabinet was a great find and I love it painted. Your transferware is lovely and what a great place to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cabinet, it's perfect to display such beautiful transferware and all year round.
    Hugs,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cabinet turned out wonderful painted! I LOVE your purple transferware. I have red and blue transferware in a cabinet I painted red!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that newly painted white cabinet looks so superb with all your transferware Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is absolutely GORGEOUS!, i LOVE IT! I didn't even know there was such a thing as PURPLE transferware, I love how much we can learn from our blogging friendships, so fun! Anyway, those dishes are pure joy, I love this post. How come when I do stuff like this it all looks cluttered and when you do it its just plain beautiful??! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful to finally have a place to put all those beautiful dishes! Our weather did the same thing... crazy stuff.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a beautiful makeover! It should be fun to decorate seasonally. Wow, I'd love to see those $1000 pumpkins with the crystals!

    ReplyDelete