Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Had A Ball

While I was shopping in a new little shop I found  a sign that said yard sale at such and such address , it was way out in the country and I had a ball .
this lady had things all in laundry baskets and out on old wooden tables just about all the old dishes was a quarter . I bought this crate of old wire top jars for $2.00

  this old basket was 50 cents at a junk shop

                Mom had a gravy boat like this the pictures of meat on it is so fun

                              

               
I know someone who likes these little odd glasses and they were 10 cents a piece. There is one that says Eastern which is air lines

                                                       
                                                          

  I love this little lunch box it is missing it's handle but I can use and old black ribbon or piece of an old belt how about some lace? 
                                                 found this at a yard sale                 


I have had my eye on one of these for a long time and found this one In a new antique shop in Lexington Mo . I will use it on my card making. It is an old notary stamp
                    OMG I have always wanted some of these and found these two in a junk shop for $1,00 each !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you read Richard's blog from My old Historic House he has several big ones. Mine is marked staffordshire England


I have them both on my book cases . They are not the quality of old ones however Love them !!!!

I bought these cute little fat Baker men to make another garland, also the Autumn looking ones





This is my second favorite find of this day  besides the Staffordshire dogs . I am hanging this on my old garden shed .  A wreath made out of barb wire , fresh from the country of Lafayette county Missouri. Aslo from a really old farm. this lady had a summer kitchen  it had an old fire place in it . Now how  cool is that?  There was several out building like barns smoke house sheds . Another thing I liked about this old farm place was the long drive way upto the house, so plantation looking
         




Well dear friends I have got to get off here , a friend and I are going to Clayton Missouri shopping today and she will be here in 30 minutes !!!!!!!and here I set not ready, and that is not like me I am usually ready an hour before any event.

xoxo
                                                             

        My Linky parties for this week

My Romantic Home                                                       Faded Charm
How Sweet The Sound                                                  It's A Very Cherry World
Commond Ground                                                          Savvy Southern Style
French Country Cottage                                                AStroll Through Life
 Tales from Bloggeritaville                                    No Minimalist Here has a giveaway
Under the Table Dreaming                                    Delightful Order
Between Naps on the Porch                                  French Cupboard
 Boogieboard Cottage                                          Between Naps on the PORCH
The Brambleberry Cottage                                   House of Hepworth's
The Shabby Creek Cottage                                 Beyond the Pickett Fence
My Romantic Home                                              Kitchen Bouquet
Fignerprints on the fridge
At The Picket Fence                      
                                                                                                                 
                           
                                      
                                                                                                                                                                                            

25 comments:

  1. Looks like you hit the jack pot.Clayton is a high prices area of St.Louis. No bargins there. Have fun and maybe eat at the Cheesecake Factory at the Galleria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard,

    We DID eat at Cheesecake Factory and had cheesecake . Soooo good

    we found another resale shop named Back On The Rack and liked it very much the other one you told me about was Scholarshop. Also shopped at the Galleria

    We was so tired couldn't hardley stay awake coming home. I got home at midnight !!!!! This country girl had fun in the city LOL

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the jars best. I think my Nan had glasses like the yellow band one. Are the bands raised? Her's were. Great finds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe the deals you got! I paid a buck+ .99 for just one of those jars at the Goodwill. And one dollar ea for staffordshire dogs?! I could cry!.....But I'm really happy for you *winks* I also love those two little fat baker men! You scored my friend you scored!
    Now what new LV did you get? I'm really wanting a new/older bag the leopard Stephen. I've wanted one from the time they came out, but they were runway limited and sold out quickly and all the used ones on ebay are soooo expensive. So if you happen to see one girlfriend (And I wouldn't have to sell an organ*winks*) let me onow ok? Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful jars and all your things, but the dogs are my favorites! I have a dog collection, from porcelain, brass, vintage and new...but I love these! Just came from Pink Sat. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummm, I love all your great finds. The dogs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dogs are just awesome, the bakers, ..just too cute. I can see that you had an amazing time.
    Great finds!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely made the right stop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, what fun! I really love that adorable plaid lunch box!!! thanks so much for sharing the fun at VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your finds and my visit on your blog this Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful time making wonderful finds!

    GIFTS

    I’ve nothing to give but my heart and head;
    No colors have I but yellow and red.

    Please take what I give as tokens of peace:
    And with these small gifts may your joy increase!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Red Temple Altar

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lunch box...oh yes with black ribbon to make it all girly with a big bow!!! How chic would that be right???
    ~

    Love your treasure!

    ~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds. I especially love the barbed wire wreath. Forgive me, I have been behind on visiting lately. Just not enough hours in the day. Look forward to visiting in Oct.
    Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff! I love the dogs, the first one looks a lot like "Old Country Roses" pattern, is it? That's my wedding china pattern! Hope to see you over at Club G.W. with Charm Bracelet Diva, party's ON!

    xox
    kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. The glassware is wonderful! You lucked out on all.

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

    xo

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janice you have a stash of doll arms? Only you girlfriend...only you! *winks*
    In answer to your question, I do find most of the rare boudoir dolls on ebay. They're sooo hard to find even there. I have on ocassion found a few at shops around my house though and also on etsy. I have some loops that I like to follow each week. So one week I'll go in one direction and hit my faves and the next week I'll go in the opposite direction. Is that what you do too? I also hit the Goodwill every chance I get because you just never know what'll come in *winks* Don't wanna miss the Picasso! Lol! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great finds. I like the barbed wire wreath and the jars with wire.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun! Great finds Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Janice! You have some great finds there! I have a cool old stamping tool like yours as well. I hope you find some more treasures this weekend!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun things you found...I have that same pattern of dishes that is on that gravy boat!! Sorry about your father, just read that post....know that we will keep you and your family in our prayers!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  21. You found some great things. The little bakers are so cute and what a deal on the Staffordshire dogs. Thanks for linking to the open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. The notary press is such a fun find! It will make such great stationary!
    Hope you're having a good start to the week.
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete
  23. You always find the best deals!!I love to stop by and see whats new at your blog home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You found some great stuff! Love the dogs-what a deal on those!

    ReplyDelete