Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rosemary and Eggs

 I had to get new herbs this year for my garden seems like my Rosemary doesn't grow from year to year however  I have seen some huge rosemary  plants in garden centers.
I also planted a new basil plant and my dill came up from last year






                                   
                                          Cherry tomato

                                                               
                                                                      
                                                                        
                                                               sweet pepper
                 


                                           I planted a new poppy also
I had these chipped blue and white dishes so just spread them through out my herb and flower garden


 I had forgot I purchased this set of bowls back in the winter at a sale in an antique mall where a lady has all new kitchen items.
They was 1/2 of 1/2 so had to have them. so why did I forget I had them ?






                                                  
my nesting bowls which i just love and happy to find  tucked away


            don't they look COUNTRY???? so cute
                                                           

I was reading My Old Historic Home blog where Richard and a lady friend Ms Nancy had gone shopping at a french warehouse and my mind was crazy with wanting the chairs he first showed pictures of . All white little french chairs just what I want for my kitchen .
The white  chairs with the gold on the spindles

I have one little french chair guess I can paint it white then look for 3 more  of course would have to go out of town maybe out of state to find the fabulous things he showed  of his shopping trip.



This would need a different seat as well something bright like  large red and white  check if it was white




This is how the finish looks on this chair and I love it so why am I talking about painting it and ruining the finish?


                          Because that's how I am '



Parties linking up to this week
                                              
 Between naps On the Porch has a wonderful make over to show
 Masterpiece Monday has lots of freebies she found
A Stroll Through Life  with Marty                                                            
White Wednesday at Faded Charm 
A Southern Daydreamer has outdoor Wednesday
Saavy Southern Style  has Wow us Wednesday
 Check out Between Naps on the Porch for a beautiful setting
  The shabby Chic Cottage has transformation Thursdays
I put my French Chair at The French Cupboard
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Inspitation Friday at Commond Ground
It's a Hodge Podge Life                        
                                                                                        
                                                                                                       

                                                                    
                                                               
                                                             

                                                             
                                                                    
                            

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning My Old Historic House in your blog. I can hook you up with Annie about the chairs. She is not expensive. You would be surprised. Have a good night. RC and S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is doing well. Those stacked bowls are so fun! :)

    Have a great week!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this chair will turn out real cute. I love those bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm visiting from Savvy Southern Style - love your "egg" bowls - you should share them at the "Rednesday" red linky party (It's a Very Cherry World blog)! Thanks for sharing, and I "followed" your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A White Wednesday hello! Love your herb garden..the condo police would be all over me if I put plates in my flower beds...I should try it just to watch the reaction. ;).


    I'd be hard-pressed to paint over that wonderfully aged finish on that chair but at the same time if it's telling you to go ahead, then by all means do it... I can see that a red/white combo would be marvy!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had such fun browsing through your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herbs and spices make a world of difference in the taste of food. Nice that you have your own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to have fresh herbs and veges right outside your door. Nothing here will be blooming til "winter" rolls around later this year. Right now it is above 120 most days and today is dusty. That chair will look great when you get finished with it. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we could grow anything here in the desert, lucky girl! The egg bowls are too, too sweet, and I LOVE the dishes out in the garden...to go with your curtains in the trees! Happy Thursday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those dishes are SO cute! Your garden looks so lovely and peaceful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin' the French chair ... and lovin' it's current finish!! Great piece ... thank you fro bringing it to the Viola! party ; )

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the birthday wishes! :)
    I love your french chair and all your herbs in your garden....just lovely!
    Hugs
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the finish on your french chair too- it is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A French warehouse? I can't even imagine how wonderful the shopping would be. I love herbs, but I can't get rosemary to grow at all. Maybe it's too hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janice your herb garden is looking good! And those egg nesting bowls are soooo cute!
    I loved Richard's post too! I always do *winks* Those french chairs were fab! But your chair is too! Please don't paint it...it's so perfect just the way it is!...Let Richard set you up with a new pair *winks*....One can never have too many darling little french chairs!LOL! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know how thise links below got on my blog? blogger has been crazy for about 4 weeks now

    I know Four Sisters In a cottge ??

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love fresh herbs! I planted some for the first time ever this year and all are doing well but our chives.

    I absolutely adore those stacking egg bowls. I've never seen any like them but I'd had to have bought them if I'd come across them somewhere. Too cute!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those egg bowls, too cute! And the finish on that chair, oh my, we'd kill for that natural look. Thanks so much for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Egg bowls are really lovely...I ran into this page on accident, surprisingly, this is a amazing website. The site owner has carried out a superb job of putting it together..

    ReplyDelete