Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Purple Transferware

I have been wanting to complete a set of purple transferware for a few years now.
This is a pattern I really liked and purchased a few pieces of it





I love the flowers inside the cups its pattern is Spode Mayflower



Then I seen this pattern Charlotte and decided I liked it also, it's a pretty lavender color. I took these outside today in the 100 degrees heat LOL to get a better picture of them. I have all my windows covered with vintage white  tablecloths to keep the sun out of my south windows where I don't have curtains up. My air conditioner is not running to keep my house cool in this extreme heat we are having




This plate is what got me interested in purple transferware. It belonged to my Great Aunt Ollie who lived in Sikeston Missouri. The picture on the plate is of her Methodist church she attended her entire life from age 16. She loved dishes also and had antique dishes as far back as I can remember as a child when we would visit her home. Her and her husband never had children however she always had dogs and lots antiques




here is a small purple vase with some dried hydrangeas in it that sure look lavender to me they were originally a dark blue





Hope you are all staying cool. I am still getting out and checking my thrift stores for purple transferware dishes which is not to be found by me so far






Pink Saturday

Amaze Me Monday 

OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOMe

Bernideen's Tea Time Cottage 

Vintage Charm Party 

SAVVY SOUTHERN STYLE 

MRS OLSON"S 

24 comments:

  1. Your purple transferware is amazing!!!Love all of them!Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Charlotte ones. Purple is rarer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pretty purple dishes! Have you looked for any on line? Hope you are having a real nice weekend and staying COOOOOOOOOOOLL---goodness it's been an awful hot summer so far hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh! Those are just beautiful...each and every piece. Dishes are MY big downfall! I have way too many and have to slap my hands to keep myself from buying more. lol
    I hope you have a blessed, wonderful Sunday. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!! I have red and blue but I have never even come across any purple!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purple is so pretty, Janice! Hard to find, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If i run across any in S. FL I will let you know

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your purple transferware is simply beautiful ! I'd love to acquire a few pieces too someday.
    Have a lovely week.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen purple transferware but it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not recall seeing a purple transferware, however the shade is pretty! Good luck in your quest to find more. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. About 10 years ago I saw about 4 pieces of that Mayflower pattern. It is very pretty. I should of bought it and had regrets for years. All your purple pieces are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow...what stunning transferware! I've never seen purple before and the first pattern was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never knew transferware came in so many colors. This would have been my mother's favorite. :):) The flowers inside the cups make them even sweeter. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Janice - you have lovely transferware - both purple and other colors! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was not familiar with purple transferware, now I will be looking for it everywhere I go! My grandmother's name was Ollie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janice, I've never actually seen any purple transferware. I think people must hang onto it because it's never in any shops I go in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Purple is my favourite colour so I'm loving your beautiful collection. Like Jean, I've never seen any purple transferwares around my area.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous collection you've started, Janice! Thanks for sharing--I'll be featuring you at the Vintage Charm party on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The purple is stunning!! My grandmother had red!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Janice, that is gorgeous! Purple transferware is not easy to find, unless you want to pay a lot of money. I was fortunate enough to find several plates to keep that I just love. I just love that Spode you have there. And yes, the blue hydrangeas dried to a nice, soft lavender! Hope your summer is going well. My garden's doing really well this year - just enough rain and heat to keep things looking lush!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Janice, it is absolutely gorgeous! I love transferware, but don't have any purple. So pretty and I can just see it being used when the Lilacs are in bloom. Thanks for sharing with SYC. You will be featured tomorrow.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Purple is my favorite color and I have seldom seen purple transferware. Your collection is lovely. My good dishes are a blue and white Staffordshire; I do love transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the purple transferware. I have a few pieces but find it hard to come by. I did find a nice cup and saucer (Purple Old Vine by Wedgewood) in a flea market last fall and haven't seen any since. Lots online but expensive. Good Luck in your search.

    ReplyDelete