Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Give Me Some Sugar

xoxo No not that kind ,some sugar bowls. I love old dishes as anyone can tell by looking at my blog and I really love the 1800's large sugar bowls they are as large as a teapot, anyway mine are. I love this green toile pattern large sugar from the 1800;s I bought it once at a shop closing , it has a couple boo boo's however that is OK with me cause i'm not a perfectionist

Sweet little feet

I only have 2 of the toile pattern and am looking for one to match my latest gift teapot. Love this pretty pink toile large sugar bowl also



compared to average smaller sugar bowl




This is my beautiful  gorgeous 1830-1840 pink luster teapot from my antique friend in Alabama .
Also check out his blog if you love true 1800 antiques



Long Goose Neck Spout

Previously he sent me the gorgeous tea cups as seen in previous posts of mine. I am at the least thrilled. You know when a person sends you such a treasure they are a very good person .Also if you ever read  or have any Tasha Tudor books she collected these dishes




Now I need to get to work, after I have a pot of hot tea


Parties I joined in



Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's 

Coastal Charm Party 
It's A Small Town Life 

PINK Saturday 

20 comments:

  1. I love old dishes, too.
    These are so charming . . . thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "sweet" post! I never get tired of seeing beautiful dishes so this post was a delight.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces! I love Tasha Tudor....I need to find one of her books and settle down with a nice pot of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and big. Antique sugar bowls were big, I guess to hold lots of sugar for a big family ? Love it it's transferware.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love transferware myself. Have a few dishes. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love them all! My husband has said "No more dishes!" but I keep sneaking them in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dishes. Transferware and toile. My favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so fortunate to have received the pink luster! I have just started looking for them and the first one I saw was $45 for a teacup & saucer. But I want a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love china, and old china, too. Funny, whenever I see these huge sugar bowls (which I don't ever buy because I don't put sugar in my tea and use just a small sugar bowl for guests) I think of them as junior soup tureens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful designs! I love old dishes too...especially creamers and sugar bowls....oh and tea cups! Well, ALL old dishes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love anything in toile and your sugar bowls are gorgeous! No room to collect them here but they go perfect in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your dishware. The toile pattern is a favorite of mine, in dishes and fabric. Thanks for linking up today! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I've never seen such large sugar bowls. I'm also loving your pretty teapot.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have the prettiest things! I always love to come here and see something new and interesting. I love the pink but oh my goodness I adore the GREEN ONE!!--it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing your beautiful pieces. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous old dishes ...I love all things vintage and never tire of seeing and admiring them...You certainly have some super pieces...I LOVE that teaset ...Lucky you...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest Janice,
    I have to admit that I'm so in love with all your so charming sugar bowls, they truly talk to my heart, thank you for sharing them with us today!

    Wishing you a most lovely weekend ahead,
    I'm sending my dearest love to you

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete