Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

Vintage Flatware

On my last trip to Hyde Park New York my friends and I took a tour to the Culinary Institute of America and had a wonderful lunch there.
Out on the grounds was a wonderful fish statue and from a distance was just a fish. However when you got up close to it wow it was made out of old silverware really amazing to me


It is 12 foot long sturgeon made out of 700 knives 400 forks and 600 spoons took the artist 300 hours to complete. Eyes were made out of glass. I couldn't get a complete picture with my iphone. This is one of the fins pictured below
 It was very impressive and fun to see named Old Diamondsides by John F Sendelbach
 Wonder how he accumulated all the vintage flatware? maybe went to lots flea markets?

It was quite the place to visit , I went with my friends from Long Island Terry and Loriene

It is so hot here that I am just coming home from work and staying inside, I have been watering my flowers either after sundown or 6 am. I am planning a nice relaxing weekend inside maybe eating a quart of ice cream LOL


14 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me. Love the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Janice, the flatware fish is AMAZING! Wow! Maybe that's what you should do with all of yours!! lol
    Yes, it has been HOT! Have a COOL weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing "sculpture". Thanks for the photos. I too am hibernating now in Dallas. Planning on at least a quart of ice cream purchase tomorrow when I go to the market. I hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that just amazing!!? I dont see how anyone can DO STUFF LIKE THIS!! I would not have the patience and I have no artistic ability I guess, ha ha LOL Very interesting--glad you shared it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fish is phenomenal! So creative. A quart of ice cream sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tour of the culinary institute sounds great. Wow, the fish statue is amazing! Yes, with heat index to 110 all weekend, ice cream is definitely on the menu, along with staying indoors with a good book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW how remarkable!!I love it so fitting for the institute.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW how remarkable!!I love it so fitting for the institute.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fish sculpture is IN-credible! Yes, where did he get all that old flatware? Maybe he advertised for people to send it to him in return for a meal at the Institute! I could scrounge up a few forks and some knives and spoons in return for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW- that's really something - I bet you flipped- I know how much you love cutlery!

    Been very hot and humid here, too - staying in is what I have been doing! : - )

    My darling hubs made me homemade peachy ice cream tonight - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this awesome sight. Never in my wildest dream would have ever thought anyone could that. Most interesting and very unique. So happy you stopped by place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hudson Valley is one of my favorite places and I really enjoy visiting the CIA. I'm overdue for a return visit. Are you a New Yorker, too?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sturgeon is amazing!!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could scrounge up a few forks and some knives and spoons in return for that!


    หนังไทยตลก

    ReplyDelete