Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Beaded Items

I have always loved old beads, meaning old beaded flowers, purses, clothing  or anything covered with gorgeous glass beads. I was at an estate sale this summer and found an odd pieces of white beading and had to have it. It just feels so good to hold. I like the feel of old material covered in beading like old vintage wedding dresses etc. I just think it's gorgeous
                                             
 I know your wondering why I'm showing my silver dome
 However this piece of beading goes right around my silver dome perfectly, just another way of entertaining myself .LOL .I have no idea what this piece of beading came off of since its in one continues piece? Would you have any idea? It's cut off something or maybe was just never finished for what it was intended for.I just know I really like it.
Then this is a sweet little beaded flower I clipped on a small beaded lamp shade and put my pearl tiara around it. It usually sets on a shelf in the studio
 Oh and I almost forgot my new beaded and velvet pillow I purchased at Pier One not long ago . I knew soon as I seen it I wanted it and it was going home with me. It an oblong pillow.

Gosh it's Hot here in Central Missouri and I don't like hot weather and don't do any outside activities while we are in this heat wave. I will water my flowers tonight after the sun goes down.

Last Saturday Gina and Bernideen and I  went on an all day hunt for vintage treasures however we all came home with a very small bags. Gina drove us over to Quincy Illinois where only one shop had real antiques and victorian items Gina was looking for. I purchased 2 calendar plates at a thrift store and I already forgot what Bernideen purchased, I'm sure she will tell you.It was a very nice day we had a wonderful lunch at Kelly's in Quincy. This was my first time meeting Bernideen and she is very sweet lady. Loved her style of clothes, glasses and her adorable lace socks 





Linky parties I joined in 

16 comments:

  1. Don't know where in MO, but Jenks, OK (Tulsa) has a main st. full of antique shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to get to shop with friends. Even when you don't find a lot, you have fun! Love the beaded fabric on the dome. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun to shop with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, I love that you just buy what you love and you have such a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blog you have! It is so rich in color, texture, and thoughts back to the days of carefree life at grandma's house! You have an eye for things of beauty and value!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so much alike. I have bought beaded things just because I love them. Maybe the piece you have around the dome was a headpiece or even held a veil for a bride. It would like nice as a neck piece on a mannequin. Love the pillow, too. Soon you can start a museum! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a great time Janice and love your bead work here in this post. I agree - to hot for much of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely way to display the beaded piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun that you ladies got to hang out together! Love your pretty beaded things. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun finds. Amazing that the piece fits exactly over the dome. Oh, the dome! I would love to find one of those. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your beaded treasures and how you used them. No idea what the first one is but it is gorgeous!! Pier One is a dangerous store for me to go in. I just love everything in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pieces! Maybe that was a collar or wrist band/cuff? Whatever it looks perfect the way you used it. I'm loving the heat haha. But I'm an avowed winter hater haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW such beautiful beaded treasures. I love how the band fit the silver dome cover perfectly. These are all gorgeous!!
    Have a great weekend and stay cool!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete