Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Favorite Things

I have lots of favorite things throughout my house that is why I have a 4 bedroom house and a studio packed to the ceiling. I really am trying to decide what to destash.  I am going to start by asking friends if they want certain dishes I am willing to part with.  However not many takers so far. So when it gets cooler I'll have a 3 day sale? I have been doing this procedure over 2 years .I remove stuff then buy more LOL
I still love and covet the old 1800's pictures and Staffordshire dogs also my aesthetic platter in the background. It is huge and perfect for that era
                                                       


This is my favorite splatterware graniteware coffee pot. I seen  it at  an estate auction back in the 1980's. I bought it in Glasgow Missouri. I wanted everything in that auction.


A sweet little serving dish hand painted marked nippon the gold is almost perfect all the way around adorned with tiny rosebuds


My favorite pin cushion my stuffed pug dog I added his lace necklace and charm and stuck lots ladies hat pins in him

Someone just gave this teapot me she bought it in Hermann Missouri at a city wide sale. Handmade by someone there. It was me either take it or she was going to put it in her trash. 

I am a rescue person LOL 

  Hope all is well out there. I think I'm getting use to this over 90 degree heat wave we are in. Stay cool 




LInky parties I like to visit 

22 comments:

  1. I didn't know we had to get rid of some before we could buy more!! LOL

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing! LOL! It's okay! It 91 here at 8PM. Thankful for our new central air!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your favorite things, too!!! MORE is always BETTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice, Loved seeing all your Victorian treasures! The Nippon dish and ladle is so beautiful! Cute doggie too!
    Talk to you soon!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Janice:
    We are struggling but pressing forward and learning what activities to do in the mornings and evenings and where to hang out in the afternoon! Love all your treasures. We have been taking little day trips here and there on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. We are enjoying a simple life. As soon as our furniture comes I am having a tea. We don't have living room furniture yet and this week they told us it is delayed because the fabric was out of stock but when it comes - you will be invited to a tea! I love all your treasures. I love finding things and checking out new places!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always had a passion for anything Victorian. Such a wonderful elegant time. You have some treasures, Janice!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always adore seeing all your treasures but I would NEVER get used to 90 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice, I love your treasures. I love the little Nippon bowl with the pretty pink and gold. What do you feel the spoon is for? And, who could think of trashing the blue teapot??? I love blue. Thank you for sharing your sweet treasures. Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning, beautiful treasures but I love that Pug Dog, been wanting one for years.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have so many beautiful things. AND...it's so hard to get rid of treasures. I donated a load of things to the thrift store last week and at the last minute, took back a silver tray! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the things you posted...especially love the nicely designed teapot....I'm sure it should pour loverly...and the dog it too cute! Thanks for sharing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is very difficult to sort through ones possessions isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder what was served from that lovely dish. The dog looks kind of sad. :) Some times we know we need to sort and give away...but then we love something and it's hard to part with it. Good luck with your sale...now that could help declutter and make some money. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the peek at all your wonderful treasures! That blue teapot was definitely worth rescuing for sure. And I do love that sweet and special little serving dish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every time and come and visit you here, dear Janice, I feel in awe, your antiquities are all so charming, I'm so grateful to you for sharing them with us !

    Hope you're having a beautiful week ( 90 degrees heat are quite a lot, oh my !!! ) I'm sending blessings of joy to you

    Dany ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the name of your blog. I have never hung lace curtains in my tree but the thought of it makes me smile :) You certainly have many lovely things and it surely must be hard to decide what to part with! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janice, I love your favorite things. The serving dish with ladle is very pretty and the blue teapot is nice ( I am a rescuer as well). Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love the pin cushion!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful treasures... I ould love Staffordshire dogs.. Only kind hubs will let me have.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete