Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Country Crocks / Farmhouse

I have been missing my old country crocks that I wanted to start collecting when I was about 22 years old and they were always so pricey I couldn't afford them back  even in late 1976. By the time the 1980's rolled around I got a couple.Then 1990's I bought every one under $50 I think. Anyway I got them out of the studio pie safe and brought them upstairs to the kitchen for me to look at them again.
They would be perfect in today's farmhouse kitchens
                                       
 I just removed everything I had setting up on this old dish cabinet and started setting them in no certain arrangement
 I only kept 3 of my yellow ware crocks when I had an auction years ago. Also kept my old Blue Butter crock
 I set this bucket of dried rose buds in a crock but don't like it there now so it will go back on top of refrigerator
 Of course I had to leave my little country staffordshire dogs
 Still love my blue country crocks I like the grape pattern on this large jug and milk glass shaker


 I am glad I kept them many anyway

By the way I found a new magazine by the name Country Cottage? why had I never seen it before. Anyway there is an article about a girl who has collected these brass horse harness crest and medallions that I recently bought at an estate sale. Have you seen the magazine ? it's nice


Linky parties I like 



22 comments:

  1. O my gosh I love all the blue crockery it is lovely, truly enjoyed the photos. Happy Tuesday. With love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, such nice blue crocks! So glad you kept some of them. They look good with your staffordshire spaniels too. Goodluck on selling your brass horse ornaments. :) Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. I had a thing for these crocks a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty display of your treasures! I like the jug especially, the butter crock is also very pretty isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that beautiful color of blue, especially the butter crock. I have an old brown bowl but I don't think I've ever seen the blue. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a large yellow ware bowl with the little girl watering. I need that jadeite as my daughter collects it and I buy it when I can find it reasonably priced. My favorite is the Johnson Bros? blue and white floral ware as in your pure lard picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just how you feel about those things that we had our "eyes," on in our youth and waited until we were older and had the extra cash to purchase them. I am so glad that you were able to have your pretty blue crock collection ( I do adore blue) they are lovely and so nicely displayed too!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection, so wonderful you kept them! I have my Mom's and Grandmother's blue and brown bowls and a blue pitcher that was my Grandmothers. That is the extent of my collection. Never heard of the magazine? Will have to watch for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am drooling, love love love the blue country crocks!!!!!! Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your crocks and, of course, they are my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. O My Goodness! You have one stunning collection there!! I have a green yellow ware bowl in my Kitchen.
    I LOVE the blue!! Thanks so much for stopping by and yes, I do use Miracle Grow every 2 weeks on my flowers...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Curtains in My Tree,
    Gorgeous collection of blue crocks and yellow ware, dear one!
    I began a collection of yellow ware for our daughter~in~law a few years ago! Like you, she wasn't too sure about enlarging her collection when she was out Antique Shopping. I've managed to add a piece for birthdays and Christmas. Her collection is a nice assortment at the present time.
    Yes! I glanced through the new Country Cottage!
    Happy Fourth of July!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks so very nice! I think I picked up that magazine and glanced at the other day. I was wondering if it's new? I love your Staff. dogs and want some!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your collection! I don't have any collections of real value, and would like to get rid of the stuff I have...except some of my Betty Boops.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love your crock collection! I have seen them in some of my friends homes and love them, but don't have any of my own. Recently there was a large bowl at an estate sale for $100. Because I have so many dishes I resisted. Thanks for sharing them with SYC. Oh, and I love Country Cottage magazine. Have only seen a couple issues.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janice what a charming collection of crocks you have! Thank you for sharing them @Vintage Charm! Pinned to our Features and Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janice, your collection is fabulous and I know now worth lots of money! Thanks for sharing their beauty with us! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Janice, just hopping by to let you know that you will be featured at SYC later today.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a wonderful collection of crocks. I have the big blue mixing bowl, too. Your spaniels are cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete