Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Button Finds

For you all that don't collect historical pretty unusual buttons or at least admire them, this might be interesting to you?
I attended the Missouri Button Club for the very first time and found some wonderful buttons to purchased after we looked at all the Winners of Buttons entered in the contest.

There was buttons there I had never dreamed would be up in the hundreds of dollars.Of course the ones that caught my interest were $495-$795 can you believe that?? Now these buttons were portrait buttons of pass Queen and royalty

       These knot buttons for lack of their proper names  is some I purchased                                                        

 This was the first time I had seen any of this type of buttons all looking like pretty swirls or knots
 They are all celluloid buttons very light weight
 I can just see these buttons on a smart ladies suit jacket from the 1950-1960;s
 The yellow swirls I already had and thought they fitted in this family of buttons

 Gorgeous buttons, I was not disappointed in attending this button show for the first time. This was all my new buttons I purchased . Buttons in the poke boxes ranged from one dollar each to ten dollars each. Oh I purchased some larger mother of pearl buttons also  for one dollar each, size of half dollar

Each Dealer had large amounts of buttons on cards to sell then each had a button poke box on their tables where you could dig through and find a special button. The dealer I purchased all of these from had just removed them from display cards and added to their Poke boxes where you poke through. It was very fun 

This is a Victorian perfume button where Victorian ladies would dab perfume to the velvet of the button and pin it on her clothing to help with the smells of the streets before sanitation in city streets.


Even if you're not into buttons I hope you thought this was interesting . Which was your favorite button? 



Linky parties I joined in 

18 comments:

  1. You must of been in heaven. I had no idea there was such a club, but it sound very interesting and fun to learn and see. Loving the ones you purchased, beautiful neutral colors. I can't imagine what a $500.00 button would look like, I'm sure gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must of been in heaven. I had no idea there was such a club, but it sound very interesting and fun to learn and see. Loving the ones you purchased, beautiful neutral colors. I can't imagine what a $500.00 button would look like, I'm sure gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous buttons though why we like buttons I do not know. I've been selling all of mine at my booth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful buttons!! Wish they still made buttons that pretty and unusual.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ~ I had no idea that a button could be sold for hundreds of dollars. I love the pieces you chose. The one you shared with the velvet is very interesting, so many stories behind each button, I'm sure. Lovely! Be sure to stop by the blog and enter my give away! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking I should start a button collection... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Janice! These are wonderful! It doesn't surprise me that there is a club for buttons, given the historical detail of fashion. I have a sister who used to teach (antique replica) porcelain dollmaking, and collected old buttons for the clothing she would replicate. You bought some great ones. I love the Victorian one, of course, for its utility, but I also love the celluloids in your lead photo - I love the way the color mellows over time. Those are particularly pretty! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice, you always teach me something new. I never heard of perfume buttons before, however, I see their relevance. Your buttons are so interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I loved reading this post! You picked some really nice ones to add to your collection. I know I would be completely overwhelmed at a show like that and would probably leave empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a button lover, I just think the ones you got are beautiful. I have never heard of the perfume button, good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, this is something I haven't really considered much, but wow! I LOVE these buttons. Each is like a work of art. What do you plan to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love old buttons, love seeing yours, thanks for sharing.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cool and different buttons! You must be so glad you went. I never heard it called a "poke box"! But what a great name! xo Kathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous buttons! I never imagined that buttons could sell for hundreds of dollars. I have never been to a button "convention." I am going to check around if there are button clubs nearby. Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. We're both button floozies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You picked out some amazing buttons! I learn so much about buttons from reading your post! I had a box of French ivory and mother of pearl buttons that has disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This brought back so many wonderful memories of playing with my aunt's button collection. I wonder what happened to it!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janice, I love the idea of the perfume button. You bought some lovely buttons. I have been through my mother's collection and found some interesting ones. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete