Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Valentine Tree


I put together a Valentine tree, just left my silver tree from Christmas up in my home office and added some Valentine cards and treasures to the tree for fun.When your my age you have to make your own fun. LOL This was fun
                                                                         
 I started off putting a pink wreath on top of the tree then the little mouse with the key to my heart in his hand. I added some red tulle for garland around the tree,even added some plastic pink carnations
 I know this is a pink bunny but she s so pretty and her colors is perfect for my tree decor,below is a tag I made once
 These are old valentine cards I found in a auction box, and boy do I miss auctions ,they have mostly gone to online auctions which is not fun at all I like to look through boxes of old old goodies

 This dress is a card which opens up and I have mailed to friends through the years I  still have a few left

 Looking across the room as the tree stands proudly all cluttered up LOL
I have grand kids pictures across the room showing up in my round  mirror behind the tree, my chandelier is really reflecting also in the mirror also
This picture you can't hardly make out the red hearts on the tree because of the red tissue skirt I have under the tree.


I was looking for an old post a few years ago of some cute Valentine things,if I find it i'll post them also. I have kept several heart boxes from past valentines and need to fill them with chocolates to give out this year to the grandsons, my favorite was given to my oldest daughter,it was a scrabble heart game.

What will we show next? after Valentine's Day LOL



Linky parties I joined in for fun


Feathered Nest Friday
Shabblicious Friday                                 There is a yarn give a way at 2 Bags Full
Friday Flea Market                                         Decor To Adore 
Home Sweet Home 
Vintage Charm 
Creative Country Mom 
Market Monday/ Give A way

35 comments:

  1. Oh Janice, you make me laugh! But you also wow me with all of your pretties and creativity! Your tree is beautiful in that red room and I love the reflection in the mirror of the chandy and your three grandkids, so precious!
    Have a wonderful day, talk to you soon! It's off to work I go!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cute! It inspires me to do something festive around here today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Janice:
    We are back in Colorado and I was wrong - not 12" of snow but rather 20"!!!
    Your tree is darling and so fun! Love your wall decor and that frame with the candlebra in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to tell you there is a Louis Vuitton trunk at a local consignment shop in Co SPgs for like $2,000.00.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh do tell me the name of the shop?
      This is my main weakness in life besides food LOL

      Delete
  5. I love your valentines tree, it just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, this is so sweet! I adore vintage valentines--what a fun way to display them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tree and so much fun to put together. You have inspired me to decorated my tree for Valentines and maybe for each month/holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon, oh I love the sweet Valentine tree with all your adorable treasures.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is adorable . . . what a fun ideas. I like what you said, "When you're my age you have to make your own fun" . . . that put a big smile on my face :)
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is fabulous!! What a great idea. I have a silver vintage tree I already put away. I have a year now to find vintage cards and hearts for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best part of Valentine's Day IS the vintage cards! I love them everywhere. Yep, I have my own fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling! Love the old fashion Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HPS! Such a sweet tree. When I worked for the University Hospital a friend worked for the Cardiology dept. and they put up a Valentine tree filled with beautiful hearts. I loved that idea. Have a great weekend and enjoyed this visit. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, it's just darling! And I really am not a big fan of trees for other seasons than Christmas. Love your vintage Valentines! I have never been to an auction and always thought it sounded so fun!
    hugs
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Valentine tree is adorable. Love that you share so many graet ideas. Thanks. Blessings, Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it! Maybe if I ever clean my craft area, I will decorate my space!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love old cards and it was fun to see how you are enjoying some of yours. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful tree. I don't decorate much but always set out a little Valentine book of Poems my husband sent me the first year we were married back in 1960. One of my prized possessions. Have a good week. Love your sidebar photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tree is sweet and bravo to you for taking some "play time" to decorate it and enjoy your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Valentine tree, ornaments and vintage cards!! Don't you just love decorating for Valentine's? Everything is so pretty! HPS...Tami

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is really so sweet! How fun to have a Valentine tree!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your festive tree! You are so creative. I also love the fact that you're "making your own fun"! I agree with that. :)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  23. How adorable is that! What a great way to enjoy some of your vintage Valentines. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh Janice I just cannot get over this tree! Your attention to detail is perfect. So much charm.

    I would really love if you would link up this wonderful gem to the inaugural post of Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think readers would really enjoy it. There is also a giveaway associated with the party and every link gets an entry. I hope to see you there.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Valentines tree is very pretty, and those vintage Valentine cards were a great find.
    PS - I love going to auctions when we are in Kentucky for the summers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Valentine tree is very sweet. Love all of the vintage cards! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Valentine tree is so sweet. I love that you used vintage valentines are part of the tree decor. Must have been a great auction that you can find adorable vintage valentines in a box. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm and hope to see you back this week. Tweeted

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Janice, how cute is that. Love your valentine tree, adorable and it looks so beautiful against the red wall.
    Blessing,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great idea! I'm in love with that sweet bunny.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. You know today I'm just really feeling like I've fallen down on the job decorating for Valentines. :)

    Your little cards and the tree are just perfect! Love the red walls too.

    Thank you for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I'll say that on all of your links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Now that is a very festive Valentine' tree! I still have a festive January tree and, at this point, it'll have to stay that way. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete