Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

New Found Items


I found my first roll of vintage wallpaper. When I first started blogging 5 years ago everyone was showing their rolls of beautiful found wall paper rolls. They were also paying a lot of money for some of it. I had never ran across any vintage wallpaper

 Gina and I was at Kirksville at some shop? not sure which one and I just happened to look down in a corner of one of the booths and seen this roll.
                                                                       
 I will use it to make greeting cards and maybe to line a box or two. It cost $1.50

Then before we went to Kirksville I went to a thrift store here in town and found this gravy boat which matches transferware dishes I already have 

 This was a bargain at $2.00  !!!


 Just a few transferware cups I have 

I have got to go and get a box prepared to mail to Portland Oregon for my daughters birthday this coming Friday. She never reads my blog so I will tell you what I got her. A large navy Michael Kors handbag, the one with the lock on front and a matching billfold. I think I always have to have a matching billfold for my bags


Linky Parties I joined in 

15 comments:

  1. Oh isn't that coo! you found awesome stuff and that handbag! She will love that! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have 1 piece of brown transferware and I Love it. You have found some really nice pieces! Congrats on the wallpaper find too! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice score to find the vintage wallpaper! It is a rare find for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good eye - a definite gift for junking/antiquing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon, I love the wallpaper, anything vintage really.... That handbag sounds beautiful, lucky daughter.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing finds! Lovely choice for your daughter's birthday.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the shop in Kirksville and cannot think of the name. It has 3 floors of goodies. I only found one other little thrift store a few blocks away from the big thrift store when I was in that area. Brings back a lot of good memories. I loved that big store and know you will have to return. I have decided to stay in the tropics, so I will live vicarously through you with your thrift store shopping as our thrift stores here don't have much. Blessings, Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome finds! Vintage things are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curtains In My Tree,
    Amazing finds!!!
    Your daughter will be thrilled with her new handbag and matching wallet!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love those brown dishes....so pretty!i dont have any of those

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I love both of your 'finds' (and their bargain prices!) what caught my attention is a couple of details--places--Kirksville and Portland OR. I used to live about an hour from Kirksville, MO and now live in Portland OR. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that gorgeous transferware! I picked up a roll of light blue checkered wallpaper at our thrift shop a while ago. Not vintage, but thought I might use it for something. Love the one you found!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always find the best goodness. The dishes are beautiful but I'm loving the vintage wall paper.
    Blessings,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete