Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Latest Finds

First I want to show my latest button finds. I am always on the lookout for buttons,pretty and Mother of pearl buttons that is. Seems like there is lots common buttons in jars everywhere I go.

I am not having any luck getting my MOP necklace together either. I really need a person by my side encouraging me. Now when I am at work I have all the enthusiasm to get it made then when I get home i'm out of  enthusiasm. Any of you ladies who work outside of the home knows what I mean.

This is the best of what was in a square jar that I found Saturday at a shop I had never been to in Jefferson City Missouri. There was a lot more not worthy of a picture
                                                                           
I love the large celluloid button with the sort of octagon middle.I think I have another one in my button drawers in the studio . The tatting shuttles I got at another thrift store I got 7 for $8.
 Then the larger blush colored coat button . The square jar of buttons was $5
 There was a few bakelite buttons and I like the star cut out buttons ad the red leaf buttons

I bought the jar just to get the larger buttons

Here is my Mother of pearl buttons I am trying to make into a necklace


Just for fun a jar of beauties I posted already on Button Floozies 

Here is some more of my old buttons 



Linky parties I joined in 

27 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad someone other than me had this button obsession!! I just love buying big bunches and sorting thru them to see what treasures I come out with,

    Great find,

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mother of pearl too. Great idea to make a necklace out of them! I'm sure it'll be very pretty when it's finished. xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found some buttons you actually wanted to buy! Did you make it out to Frenchie's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something so wonderful and intriguing and tactile about buttons...especially old buttons. Your MOP button necklace will be stunning. Creative Button Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice:
    Those are "oh my gosh" incredible. I love them. You found some great ones! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all of them, especially the red leaf ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. We think alike only I have gallons of them sitting in jars in my booth. Small things, but fun to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful button photos! Makes me happy! Don't give up on your necklace; it will be lovely when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Button love, they are wonderful.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome---I bet you have a wonderful collection.

    I notice you do paper art and cards. My sister does as well and she has a blog you may want to visit...http://stampforles.blogspot.com I hope you visit her.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your pretty buttons, Janice...the mother-of-pearl necklace will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter and I love to look at buttons together--- she would be tickled by the uniqueness of yours as I am!!! Love that celluloid button.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love buttons and you have some real beauties! The red leaf ones caught my eye.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how fun to sort through that jar of buttons. You found some treasures. I understand exactly what you mean about all those good intentions and the energy at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What treasures you found! The necklace made from those pretties is going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your buttons. What a great find. I had to follow you over to the other blog you posted on, and now I am following that one. You would certainly keep me hopping if I was living near you with so many places to go. I would have to rest on the days you work so I could keep up with you. Blessings, Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh i love the red ones and the green ones! Neat find!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Janice,
    thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I think you found some great buttons there. Vintage buttons can have sooo... much charm and character. I also love your Mother of Pearl button collection. Hope you find the energy to make a necklace out of them, It could look terrific!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Janice!

    Button finds, creating and decorating for Valentine's Day...it's all so wonderful! Hope you get your MOP button necklace completed - excited to see it! Hugs, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Janice,
    Loving your button finds, they are beautiful. My favorite are the stars, so beautiful. Me too after work I run out of juice, with me is cause I'm tired, so just prepare project and wait till my day off and create.
    Blessing,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love them!! I adore vintage buttins. They have such character!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness. I LOVE buttons and you sure got some good ones! Your blog is very fun.I will check out your Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! such Great buttons! It is hard to find very many anymore at the thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's getting more and more difficult to find great old buttons like these. Glad that you found so many for a nice price. Far better than buying them new as buttons are very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete