Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Medjugorje

This is where my next adventurous trip is. It's in Bosina Herzegovina

It's a very spiritual village in the mountains on the western coast of Bosina. This is where the apparitions of the Blessed Mother Mary has been appearing to 6 village people since they were very young 1981.
Have you ever heard of Lourdes France or Fatima ?where apparitions appeared also to young children,?

While these apparitions are happening the Vatican does not recognize them. The Church didn't authenticate Fatima or Lourdes until the apparitions stopped and they interviewed people who had miracle healing and where lives were completely changed.. Which this is a very slow process by the Vatican

                                             



Over 50 million people have visited this village where Apparition Hill And Cross Mountain are.
They have Mass every day in any language. People of all faiths have visited this place.
Saint Pope John Paul  II was a frequent visitor and believed in the apparitions of Mary Mother of God

Since this so close to Italy I have been told by people who have visited Medjugorje many bus loads of Italian vist this site. Wish I could speak Italian

Some of my little hand rosaries I got at auctions before I was a Catholic convert in 2014.
I have been a Protestant most of my life however was always interested in the Catholic faith and what the Popes had to say.

                                                   


I have believed in these apparitions since I first heard about it on the news back in 1992. The show 20/20 had a feature story about this years ago with Barbara Walters and Stone Phillips.

I have read every book that the author Wayne Weible has written about Medjugorje. I requested my local library to get some of the books. 

My trip is in September this year. A  Catholic friend who had never heard of this place until recently  is going with me.
The lady we are going with  is the Mother of 2 sons who are priests one in Raytown and one in Independence Missouri. 
One lady from my parish has been 13 times! She said it's just a heavenly place so peaceable and the presence  of the Holy Spirit is for sure in this place of miracles of healing of the body and spirit of many, she also said many prayers have been answered for her.


I was really surprised when watching QVC one night recently a gal who was selling prayer bracelets had been to Medjugorje and also said how she felt it was a very special place where the Holy Spirit was.

Međugorje, or Medjugorje, is a town located in the Herzegovina region of Bosnia and Herzegovina, around 25 km southwest of Mostar and close to the border of Croatia. The town is part of the municipality of Čitluk.


Have you been there or known any one to have visited this palce?




Linky parties 

5 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Lourdes, Fatima or Medjugorje, but I'd like to go when no one else is there, wouldn't you?
    There is one Marian Shrine in the USA,I recently learned. It is by Green Bay, Wisconsin, It is called the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help.
    It will be wonderful to see all the people praying, too.
    Ginene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing time you'll have Janice! We've never been, but a couple at church have been there and spoke nothing but wonderful things about the trip! and hey...there's still time to learn a little Italian :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting my blog through Kris' post! And what a beautiful blog you have, fascinating posts that I've seen so far. And the pictures on your sidebar are lovely.

    Your trip sounds wonderful, I know you'll have a nice time visiting these special places. I'll look forward to reading about it when you return!

    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a Catholic since birth and have never heard of this place but i will surely be looking into it. How exciting for you that you are getting to go there!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! I always dreamed of own a Queen Anne Victorian with a wrap around front porch but instead have a 1970's townhouse!! I do love the Victorian Era and the style and decorating from that area. I am familiar with Richard and my friend , Joe Matteo , who is the owner of the Stegmaier Mansion here in Wilkes Barre has been in Victorian homes twice. Former President Jimmy Carter has stayed there twice and we had the pleasure of staying in the same room that President Carter and his wife stayed in . We took a mini vacation there of 2 nights and a Tea several years ago for our anniversary.
    Here is a link to a post that i did about our stay at the mansion:
    http://debbie-dabble.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-dream-weekend-at-stegmaier-mansion.html
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds like an amazing village. I have not heard of it, but would love to travel there. Love your pretty collection! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete