Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas 1951

I am reminiscing of Christmas past , this picture is me with the doll my older brother in background and my cousin who still lives around St Louis Missouri.
These were the best  Christmas memories when my Aunt and Uncle and cousin came to my Grandparents house for Christmas.

This was back when you got one toy for Christmas, mine was doll and buggy a set LOL I was always so excited as a child for Christmas and still believed in Santa at this time.Age 5
I use to wonder how can Santa know when every child is naughty or nice and sleeping or awake. I use to ponder on this a lot as a child. Trying to figure this out.
                                                       


Did you notice my Christmas bonnett? well this was a hand me down Easter bonnett from my cousin and she(my aunt) gave me the little belt I had on also. I was so happy with my new items I was all smiles and had just turned age 5 since my birthday is in November.

This is my mother standing in the doorway she was pregnant with my soon to be sister who was born in March 1952

I'll be spending Christmas with my youngest daughters family and a dog and 2 cats so it will be a wonderful time for us all.

Merry Christmas to all of you sweet people out there in blog land xoxoxo


17 comments:

  1. Great photo! Merry Christmas & a New Year filled with peace & joy, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ,Merry Christmas and Happy New Blog Year Cecilia

      Delete
  2. A cute picture. I have some from that era as well. I always got a doll. I had several with my cousin with our dolls. I lost her three years ago. I really treasure those pictures. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back then we wanted a new doll every Christmas, also we only got toys at Christmas and they were never wrapped always just under the tree on Christmas morning from Santa
      Sorry your cousin isn't here any longer for you, My dear cousin is very sweet and said those were the best Christmas's when she came to our house

      Delete
  3. What a lovely old pic and yes, some bring us memories so clear we can feel them, right? Wishing you a very merry Christmas.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old family pictures full of memories Merry Christmas Fabby
      I have enjoyed all your visits

      Delete
  4. Janice,
    What a pretty little girl you were (and you are still pretty)! Such a sweet picture, is your brother crying? Awww....
    Have a blessed Christmas with your family.
    Sending hugs,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweet Gina

      Thanks for your sweet comments all year long also. Telling me I was a cutie LOL ahhhhhhhh
      We must plan our next adventure together

      Delete
  5. What delightful and happy times! Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Kathy thanks for visiting me all year and I hope to holler at you when i'm in Portland in 2015

      Delete
  6. I love older pictures, your is beautiful and full of great memories. You were such a cutie, sweet picture. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a new year full of blessings.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me I was a cutie, back in the day LOL

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours Marlene

      Delete
  7. I just love the old pictures! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this picture of you ~ how adorable!!! We enjoy looking at old photos....so precious :) Wishing you a lovely 2015!!!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete