Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Gift of Chairs

Well I am up from my Sunday afternoon nap so thought I best get busy doing one of my hundred projects and messes around the house I need to get busy on.I have been gone last three weekends and I am wore out plus having terrible allergies and a hacking cough to go along with it, I felt very run down.
First project was getting these 3 wooden slat bottom chairs in the house from my front porch.
I was gone all day yesterday and a friend who said back in May she would bring these by my house if I wanted them finally got them over here.
                                                                           

I'm going to use them in a south window in the studio to set plants on for the winter. It's hard to believe however won't be much longer and we will be bringing in our beautiful plants that have enjoyed being outside all spring and summer .
This third chair was a little in despair however I got her back on her feet missing a rib but she will hold a nice plant 

Back on her feet


This is my favorite chair. I was told I couldn't only have her I had to take all three chairs so I went by my friends rules and took all three wonderful old wooden slat chairs to use for plant stands LOL. 


Favorite Chair 

My cat Shirley was watching all my commotions of playing with the chairs so got his pictures laying in the doorway looking out . I have always been a dog person and always had dogs however after my last little pug died I seen this poor freezing cat out side one winter sleeping under one of my bushes covered in freezing rain so in the house he came. needless to say he is very happy



Linky parties I will join in 

11 comments:

  1. Those chairs make perfect plant stands. I hope you are feeling better soon. Be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice!
    Cute chairs, I like the plants on them. Great idea. What a sweet story about your cat.
    Take care,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for plants, and Shirley is a gem. We once had a litter of four boy puppies: Matthew, Mark, Luke and Shirley.

    rchl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chairs...so many possibilities!!
    Warmest regards,
    Diane@babiesbridesandlavender

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to have these two chairs. I'd probably paint them red and put them out front with my black bench.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across similar chairs at a thrift store a few years ago, painted white. I really wanted them but had nowhere to put them. Now I'm kicking myself....glad you found a use for them.
    xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have four of these folding chairs. I use them when I am working outside and need to sit for a spell or when we have a house full of people. I do not have any plants that come in for the winter anymore. I am out of space for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful chairs - Lucky You! I never pass up folding chairs, aren't they terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love old folding chairs like these. I found two of them at a yard sale last year and wish I had kept them. Love the idea of using them for a plant stand. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love old wood folding chairs. I'd spray paint them a bright color! Thanks for sharing @ TTF.

    ReplyDelete