Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Germany Visitors


I had visitors from Germany yesterday.  A couple I have become friends with are in town from Munich Germany visiting his dad which I check on every week because he is in an assisted living complex.
Anyway Manuella brought me a gift one she made and one she bought for me plus German chocolate which is so good.

                                                                               

        The lotion is shower gel Plegende Cremedusche Aldo Vandini

                                                                         

I love this little make up pouch The green material she said is from Bavaria also the button and the pink material is from France since they live in Munich guess they go to France once in a while.She said she loves to mix vintage material with new material. magine that just like us LOL 
She is a big quilter and buys lots of material when they are in America. They were visiting friends in Iowa and she found a Joann's fabric store and said she went crazy buying fabric and sewing notions . They always buy extra suitcases for their purchases when over here.They come every August for an entire month .
I gave her a vintage white linen table runner with crochet edges which she picked out ,we were in the studio playing and she admired this piece so i told her she could have it. I have a big table full of vintage linen I am ready to part with anyway. 

I don't know why I didn't get pictures yesterday when we were all out to lunch. I suggested a Mexican restaurant here since she had never been to a Mexican restaurant in america. Her husband had his taste buds on Bar B Que LOL I said we'll go there when they get back from Arizona . They are in Kansas City Today to visit the Steamboat Arabia 

I went on and on didn't I ? LOL 
going to the studio to play a while xoxo 


Linky parties I joined in this week 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very nice visit! That "table full of vintage linens" sounds interesting too! haha! You must be such a blessing to your German friends. So nice that you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to have guests from Europe! I'm sure you both learn from each other! Its very nice that you check in on the dad for them, I'm sure they appreciate it very much.
    xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time....showing people around to things they have never seen or done ....or tasted.Blessings to all, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it lovely to have a visit from dear friends?

    Could I ask you about the swans in the "Treasures on the Dresser" pic on the sidebar? Occasionally in a flea market or Goodwill I see lovely milk-glass or glass or even plaster swans in that exact shape, and have long wondered what might be the use for such a sway-pocket in their backs. I couldn't think of anything, even as a paper-napkin holder for a kitchen table, which would be something which would actually stay there in such a smooth contour.

    Could you elaborate on the picture some time?

    rachel;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the gift she made you -- especially THAT BUTTON! I remember visitors from Germany always bringing me soap or creams; it's the traditional gift for a visit (other than flowers.)

    ReplyDelete