Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I Bought A Horse

LOL well I just had to stop at a yard sale ,which I have said I am not going to do anymore since I am trying to  move out all my years of garage sales and estates sell treasures. Anyway it was in a neighborhood where I use to like to stop for sales.
This guy had his neck almost broke off the owner said her husband dropped him once and now they don't like him with the mark across his neck where it looks like it is cracked.
I have a lot of cracked items in my house so he came home with me since I didn't have a horse in the house LOL
                                                                       

I have him on my bookcase in the living room where my stafforshire dogs are also. I read one of the interior designer blogs and she said horses are IN girls she said buy them if the have a foot broke off or whatever, talking about the old antique wooden horses. Mine weighs a lot like a big block of concrete.




Also while I was out in the yard this morning I took pictures of my beautiful large hydrangeas I just love them .When I was in New York they were in front of every house in the Hamptons and also Long Island ,just beautiful




It's my son in laws birthday so must have cake and ice cream for him today sometime. We are having such wonderful weather here in Missouri today 

Linky parties I like 

23 comments:

  1. I love your horse! I don't think I could have passed him up either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The horse is cool and yes, they are "in" just like cows. Something about the rusticness. I love hyrdangeas, I wish I had planted them years ago. Mine are babies!

    Happy Birthday to your son in law!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your horse is great!!! I'll have to be on the lookout for horses... thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening Janice, I can't imagine why the couple decided to sell this wonderful horses head... their loss is your gain.
    I adore hydrangeas and I love picking a few blooms to enjoy indoors as the flowers last such a long time.
    I hope you all enjoyed the cake and ice cream.... a perfect afternoon treat.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've come to think that this obsession we have with other people's "junk" is a drug....has to be don't you think? lol!! LOVE the hydrangeas...and your pictures from NYC ~ we missed our yearly trip this year....too many activities with the kiddos :( oh well...looks like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute buy at the yard sale. The crack just makes it look more like an antique. I love your hydrangeas. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have bought that horse too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweet Janice, loving your beautiful horse. If he was mine I would turned him into a she, lol. Maybe some necklaces and pretty laces around the neck. OMG your Hydrangeas are gorgeous, what a treat and eye can, wish they would grow here in hot south Fla, I've tried and not a change. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The horse head was a great find and your hydrangeas are beautiful!
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janice,
    The horse is gorgeous and your hydrangeas are beautiful. Have a great rest of the week. Enjoy this great summer weather.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right, horses ARE in! I snagged a pair of horse bookends for a song a year or two ago, and now I see them everywhere for a lot of money. Great find!
    xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing wonderful information, it is really nice information.
    Interior Design Idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your horse and you won't have to feed it! ;) Thanks for popping in to see me and yes! New York is awesome. We love the city and when we fly to see my daughter we always land in New York city and take the train ride to upstate. It's wonderful!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your horse. Guess he won't eat much. Your hydrangeas are lovely. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the horse you found...perfect for a bookcase! Your hydrangeas are gorgeous!!
    Thank you so much for your visit,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun treasure, I think he looks right at home in your book case. I'm having major hydrangea envy, they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW...Love your horse... he looks amazing..just perfect... Love the photos of your Hydrangeas so beautiful....Have a Happy weekend... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely visit, cool horse, and gorgeous hydrangeas! Probably my second favorite flower after roses - and Happy I got to enjoy BOTH on my Roseville California vacation - YAY :) . Thanks for more gorgeous ones and Happy Pink Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I live in horse country and horse related items sell quite well. Someone a few blocks away has a concrete horse head much like yours sitting in an old bird bath surrounded with small annuals. It is quite attractive. Beautiful hydrangeas. They make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely color for your flowers! I like your horsey, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have all the luck, great find! I say put one of those garlands of roses around his neck like they do in the winners circle or a blue ribbon badge, because he is a real winner!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete