Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pink Ice / Update



Here is another thing that brings back old memories of when I was a child.

We use to visit Aunt Georgie & Uncle Charlie back in the day, you know in the 50's & 60's and Aunt Georgie has an ice grinder I called it , in her kitchen,  hers was turquoise.


       

I use to love to get ice and put it in her grinder  and grid away. It was attached to her old Hoosier cabinet in her little bitty kitchen. She always had tea made and had little bottles of coke , the 5 cent a bottle kind

                                                                                           

                                                                         



It was fun to turn the hand crank to make crushed ice for our drinks, guess I am still reminiscing ?

I wanted to get this on Pink Saturday  I was going to list it for sale but there must be a piece missing? , the piece that attached to a cabinet ? nothing is broke off just missing a piece. It stands upright fine for looks


                                                                     
                  UPDATE !!!! Sunday  January 27th




I found IT !!!!!!!! The bracket that holds this on a wall or an old cabinet just like Aunt Georgie had it



                 

It was down in the bottom of the ice grater, YEAH !!!!!!! Now someone with a retro pink kitchen can add this to their pink collection


                                                                 


                                        
Joining in Pink Saturday @ How Sweet The Sound

Common Ground Marketplace

Boogieboard Cottage 

Ivy & Elephants 

It's A Very Cherry World 
Wow Us Wednesday 

Rooted In Thyme
My Romantic Home / giveaway 
Chic On A Shoestring 

17 comments:

  1. So sweet and what a special memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it looks like a small rocket ship:}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's neat - the whole photo is neat looking with the green glass coffee jar and the ice machine - though I had no idea what it was until you explained it. Neat to remember things that are good, isn't?
    I've posted my mom's embroidery swatches which I love. Hope you can stop by.
    Happy Pink Saturday! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. These vintage pink appliances are so sought after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great vintage piece! Someone will really enjoy this!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that 50's pink ice crusher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh...isn't that the cutest?!!! Love it....can imagine that it will be snatched up quick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shape of this icemaker. I have two Ice-O-Matics, one turquoise & one pink. I haven't ever used them but your memories definitely inspired me to.

    Happy Rednesday~

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess this shows my age, but I remember them! Mom used one when I was a kid. Great memories, and I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful story! I love the pink vintage color! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never heard of an ice grinder before. I really like the pink colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool is that! Glad you found the missing piece. It's going to be the star piece in someone's retro kitchen!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pink vintage. I love crushed ice!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete