Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

petits tresors = small treasures


I am going back on my word , I know I said no more yard sales ,( till I got some money saved for a trip ) HOWEVER my friend Donna had a moving yard sale and well after she ask me to help I just had to buy a few little things ! right? LOL
You have to buy when its there

 First of all she gave me a wedding dress , not hers but she didn't want to put it in the yards sale so she gave it to me , I will hang it in the studio and may cut it up for the material ? to re purpose it

                                                                                 

                                                                         
                                                                   



                                                                             


I got a pair of glass candelabras that I just love and trying to fit them in somewhere in my house . These were her Great Aunts her Grandmothers sister. She was selling lots of her Mothers, Grandmothers and Great Aunts things and of course that is what I wanted. She has a 3 drawer charming  chest I will get when the house sells, they are having an auction then to sell all big items.

                                                                               

           The top pieces on these screw off where it prisms are I love them

               I also got very small salt & pepper glass screw top shakers                                                          

                                       

Here is more of the things I got from her, old vintage hats in perfect condition , grandma's colander, ball jar with flip lid,, hat box which I really like a huge crock bowl and I didn't get it in the picture, and lots of costume jewelry  . There was a big peacock feather pin and I will give that to a friend who is in the peacock zone now.


                                                                                           

So 60's,  like the show Mad Men
                                                                                           

     



               

                           


                               

I already put a pair of 3 strand pearls in my jewelry box which I will wear,


                                                                             
                                                  

Linky parties I am joining in for this week



Coastal Charm    
Ivy & Elephants  
REDNESDAY    
Faded Charm
WOW us Wednesday  
Primp          
Katherine's Corner  
Coloradolady    
No Minimalist Here
Rooted in Thyme      
My Romantic Home  
2805                        
French Country Cottage      
PINK Saturday                                                                              

15 comments:

  1. Don't blame you for going AND the candlesticks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hats and jewelry. I could not give up yard sales so I sell the stuff now:}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how much fun it was to scroll through each picture.. Enjoyed it so much.. The everything.... melted my heart.. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she was selling family treasures. Great for you though. Those candle sticks are wonderful. Looks like you had a great day. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is so hard not to buy, when you are there. Cool vintage hats that you got from her. Thanks for coming by:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great hats. I remember when ladies wore those to church every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all those great finds, you may have to postpone your trip for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It looks like it was a lovely yard sale! What treasures! I am visiting from Vintage Thingie Thursday - your blog is beautiful!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you found some great treasures!!! Stopping by from Thursday Favorite Things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stoping by my blog and for your sweet comment. Wow, what great goodies you found and you got to help a friend, LOL Loving those hats. Enjoy your goodies.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your collections are indeed treasures!

    Cheers ... visiting from REDnesday!

    Tito Eric of Panglao Island
    http://turningboholano.blogspot.com/2012/08/zadig-by-voltaire.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those hats are awesome....oh how we love old hats :) Love the candelabras....gorgeous! Sounds like she's got a lot of old treasures ~ have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came over from Pink. Small treasures = big deals! love the hats!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful treasures on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love them all!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete