Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Which ones ?

Hi there

I am trying to decide which set of dishes to use at a ladies luncheon where I am a hostess, and each hostess sets a table in their own way. Last year I did old vintage ironstone platters so this year I am going to use one of these sets of dishes. This is at my church and all ages of ladies does this newly weds and us mature  ladies LOL. Last year a 12 year old set a table for her friends.

                                                       

 




                                                                             

I need 8 place settings and I don't have 8 of everything so will either mix up all of my red and white transferware


                                                                                                                         

or I have this set which I think I will use this time , I just need to come up with 4 more green glasses or use a set of my crystal glasses , not sure at this time then I need a center piece and 8 small gifts for my guests.
I always like to have a wow table
I found most of these cups at yard sales and one in an antique booth for 50 cents

                       

                                                                           

The little treats I have for my guests depends what the theme of the luncheon is and I think it's spring flowers so that will be easy. I will give each lady a envelope of flower seeds. One year I gave each lady a Paula Deen magazine
 I like these glasses and I need 4 more . I got them at Tuesday Morning last year, they only had 4 at the time. I usually always buy 8 place setting of every thing


                                                                                 
 I KNOW MY PICTURES aren't very clear                          
                                                                                   
                                                                             


I was out side after work and look what bloomed today , my sweet little pink tulips. I like them before they open up



                                                                                     
       I am so ready for garden time however that darn grass is growing also and now I need to mow already



Linky parties I am in                                    

No Minimalist Here
Savvy City Farmer
Restore Interiors
Katherine's Corner
Coloradolady
My Romantic Home
         2805       
Sunday Brocantes has a giveaway                                                        
Pink Saturday

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I do LOVE your red transferware! Each piece just makes me swoon! I'm sure whatever you do on your table will be lovely.
    I like tulips before they open too and yours are so pretty. We had record breaking temps here today but we're supposed to get some snow next week so we won't be cutting grass for a bit yet. Enjoy your nice weather and thanks for sharing. Happy Spring!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transferware is the prettiest BUT I do think mixing both patterns would be amazing! Honest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And no kidding, I just bought some curtains today with plans to hang them from a tree...what are the chances???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both sets of dishes but I am especially fond of the red transferware. Please share the table with us. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got signed up for your posts on email. I am trying to get everyone that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your luncheon sounds like a lovely time with friends. I'm sure your table will WOW your guests with all your pretties! Thanks for stopping by.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. either set could be mixed and matched with a solid to make up your numbers...
    totally luv the idea of ea hostess decorating her own table -
    just need to keep it charitable and not competitive! it is church after all ;)...
    wonderful weekend all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the red transferware!! Always, a charmer.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Have a great weekend,
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both choices but think the strawberries could be awfully cute.

    Not sure if you wanted to do something like this - and they can get expensive - but one of those Edible Fruit Arrangements could be a cute centerpiece for your fruit dishes - and edible too! Instead of 8 favors, you could have a pick or a lucky number under a plate to win that edible arrangment in keeping with the fruit theme. Just a thought.

    But transferware is always a classic and works every time.

    Have fun! And happy pink saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice dishes. Transferware is my favorite. Hope you have a wonderful lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore transferware!!! Have a most lovely PINK SATURDAY!
    Come by to visit my pink when you get a chance!

    Waving from Our Back Porch,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you use the strawberry ones a big bowl of strawberries would be divine as a centerpiece. I know you will do it up nice. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your red transferware! So pretty! I am here visiting from No Minimalist Open House Party. So glad to have found you!
    Maria
    www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete