Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Soup & Sale

I made the best soup if I say so myself . I baked a  complete package of chicken breasts and as I was putting them in the freezer I used oneof the baked breast  and made my a pot of chicken soup. I put in the pot with the chicken pieces, some fresh kale, fresh  carrots, onions, fresh garlic,rosemary from my plant , butter, cream I had some half & half.
I let this all simmer for the flavors to marry as they say in cook world,  oh then I added some fresh Parmigiano  cheese a lady gave me , she was here visiting her father from Italy,wouldn't you love to live in  Italy? I had never had this cheese. anyway thanks Nancy



       Then this Saturday  the 4th there is an indoor garage sale they call it , at the Holiday Inn expo convention center 10am-2pm. Last year head count was over 1100 people went through this event.
A friend of mine who owns a vintage clothing store ask me to share a booth with her. She rented two booths and only need 1  1/2. So I am pricing items and not knowing what all to take I am taking everything from sheets to oil painting and dishes , some bling, a fur coat small stools
My friend has all vintage clothing, purses, shoes oh and a pink poodle stuffed dog the size of a chair, that's big. It will be fun & interesting I'm sure.  She said she sells everything from appliances to vintage bakelite jewelry to old formals. Here is a few items I have out so far


                                                                                
    A  lamp, brown splatter ware tall container,3 new puzzles of vintage buttons from steamboat Arabia, and 3 vintage nesting mixing bowls, chalk board, candlestick and I have a platter to match the brown & white transferware tea pot and pitcher they are newer items from Home Goods

                                                                                                                                                       
                     Oil on canvas paintings passed from a niece through my sister, bought at an art show in Kansas City Mo and now one one wants them in my family, they have never been hung on a wall








one of my homemade valentines I made 


    Paries I am joing in this week




Savvy City Farmer
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Bramblebeery Cottage

Somewhat Simple
Tales from Bloggeritville
Capers of the Vintage Vixen
French Cupboard
2805                       
The Thrifty Grove
A Little Knick Knack
My Romantic Home
At The Picket Fence
French Country Cottage
Pink Saturday

9 comments:

  1. OOO so many pretties. If I was near you I would totally come check out your booth. I especially love that brown and white pitcher in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, wish I could go. See ya soon. Have a great sale. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice first your soup sounds delicious! And YES I would LOVE to live in Italy...At least part of the year *winks*
    2nd that sale sounds like so much fun!! An indoor garage sale? I wish we had those around here. It's such a great idea! This weekend there's a big antique show in Puyallup so I'll be heading out for that. *winks* Anyhoo I hope you sell tons and have a great time! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and I fear I would buy just as much as I sell. I am an awful seller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. want ... the brown dishes!


    thanks for playing link party , it means alot to see the faithful regulars~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Valentine! I'm so into Valentine's Day this year. Love visiting your blog. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to leave you another note about Tagxedo with the link in case you wanted to visit. I just put the link on my blog, too. Thanks for visiting. Linda

    http://www.tagxedo.com/app.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty....love the brown dishes! Thank you for sharing this wonderful project at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, fun treasures! I hope you had a great time at the event! Thank you for joining TTF last week! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete