Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Studio whites

I really wanted to stay home this Saturday and play in the studio. After I got the bakers rack painted and moved in it made me want to keep the renovation like thing going .

I also have had several maybe 10 silver trays and I see where women are making chalk boards out of silver trays well I liked all of mine to well to paint so found one for $2.00 at a resale shop and thought I can paint this one. It is still drying so haven't wrote anything on it . Directions says let dry 24 hours.

Also my surprise lilies popped up? they really are a surprise. I have neighbors from another country and Senela is so mesmerized  by them  she wants some to plant. These are for pink Saturday


thinking of what to do
I haven't wrote anything on it yet still drying. I used some old cotton trim to hang it

                                                       
I have had this old pressed back chair stuck in a corner covered up and thought it needed to be out and about for a while . I hung the tray over it

                                                                                                                                    
   I found this in a junk shop once for $5.00 and just had to have it , it's wobbly to set in but looks good. That's good enough to use for this purpose


                                                                                                                                                
    I am going to try and make a necklace with this Bakelite chain on this old purse handle

                                                                                

                                                                      
     I have had this little bit of wall I have wanted to place something and think I like this look. I bought these 2 wood oval frames at a resale shop for $3.00 for the pair. took the glass out and just hung them over this rack. I was going to paint it white also and had a change of heart thinking I could appreciate the old look of the iron hooks not painted.

                                                             
  Then of course had to add something to the area. I am not in short supply of anything to add to any vignette be assured of that after 5  yard sales I still have a hefty stash of treasures to play with


I have boxes of old cotton lace and just dug around till I had a piece i liked

I sold a lot of this croquet thread and then found a shopping bag full so might as well play with it for a while, i mean decorate with it



                                                                                 
                                                                   

I have enjoyed staying in my home today and  now I need to get on with putting away some of the items I have drug out. Also need to get to the grocery store



I have had so much enjoyment looking at all these great blogs below
                                    
          Parties for this week include

How Sweet The Sound pink Saturday                                      Brambleberry Cottage                 
 Funky Junk Interiors                                                      Common Ground has a give a way
Under The Table and Dreaming give a way                                   My Romantic Home
 Gyspy Fish   Journal                                                     The Shabby Nest               
 Between Naps on The Porch                                         French Country Cottage       
Faded Charm white Wednesday                                      Feature yourself Friday
Savvy Southern Style
Please read this and leave a comment @Blushing Rose          
The Shabby Chic Cottage           
Somewhat Simple        
House of Hepworths             

24 comments:

  1. Janice, I'm your newest follower although it looks like you have more than enough fans following you already!! I am overwhelmed ( and overjoyed) with all the great ideas you have on your blog. I was worried about an art class I am teaching this year in high school ( first time teaching art as a class by itself) but now I am getting so many good projects from you ( and a few other creative artsy bloggers) that my worries are over. Thanks for the kind comments you made on my blog... I don't have many followers but I doubt I could handle the pressure if I had as many as you have! I'm glad you like my primitive country lifestyle. They'll probably be at my house one day to film an episode of "Hoarders: 1860" Marshel at Bamaplanter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calling by to return your visit to News From Italy, I do hope you will be back often? I am always on the look out for inspirational ideas so think I am going to enjoy following your blog from my initial impressions, so glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followers badge not showing here tonight but I have added your blog as a subscription on my Google Reader for the time being so I will not miss your posts, until I can connect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, Janice. I love those oval frames & lace. The chair is gorgeous. You really presented everything so beautifully.


    Would you be so kind to (& tell your friends) comment on my BLOG ONLY (emails don't count), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon
    blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what you did with silver tray. Your blog is beautiful.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello janice,
    thanks so much for your comment !!
    oh, I´m so so sorry about your pug ...
    often I think by myself, when sometimes my babies where gone, and I can´t think, because this hurts so much ...
    I send you warm hugs
    mina
    SORRY for my bad English, I would like to write more, but my english is not good enough ;-.(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice! Thak you for popping in to see me. I crochet and love seeing all these lovelies!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, I can tell that you had a fun day! I made a chalkboard silver tray, too. Yours is lovely. They look good anywhere you hang them.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janice!!

    Wow...you are a busy lady! You have so many projects going on, where do you find the time?!! I love the tray you painted. I received one as a gift and wasn't sure how to hang it. Saw yours and problem solved!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by with your sweet comments!! Hope you are having a great week!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janice! Thanks for stopping by! I like your wall vignette! Very original! I love working with empty frames. I love the oval ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janice,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! Oh my new daughter is a great joy of mine, but she leaves me with so little time for blogging once school starts! Run run run! She's a cross country runner, a teen leader in 4-H, well the list goes on.
    I love your blog!!! I have to follow you! The lace...the silver, Adore it! So many great ideas, wish I had the time to try a few!
    Love the wobbly chair....vingettes are a passion of mine....a wobbly chair comes in very handy....white one? perfection!!!
    ~~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janice,

    thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
    As to the old German cookbook....how old it should be? From the fifties, sixties, new one in retro style or really antique? Please let me know, maybe i can find one for you.

    Please excuse my poor english....
    hugs, Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing some of your fun decorating items, Janice. I like the tray you chose to make into a chalkboard, and the galvanized pail, the crochet thread, the lace, the frames and all the other items you used in your pretty vignette. ;)

    Thanks for joining the party again this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, Janice, You are very creative....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been one busy thrifter! Love the crochet thread all piled up. the texture is so wonderful! thanks so much for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the name of your blog and love all of your projects! Using the balls of crochet thread that way is genius -- that whole display is just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute...who knew what a great display was waiting with all of those treasures?!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love the way your finished vignette turned out! You ARE very creative! Love the spools of twine/thread on the rack. And girl you scored some great deals!

    About painting the dress form? Rosemary told me I should've used a spray primer first to prevent the absorbtion of so much gesso. I'm on coat three and it could still use a few more so I think she was right about that! I do love the look of it in white soooo much better! *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderfully fun ideas. Happy to be a new follower from Vintage Inspiration Friday.
    Laura
    http://imsovintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haven't you been busy! Lots of lovely ideas here. Very pretty redos. Thank you for joining Thrifty Things Friday linky party! Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It all came together so beautifully! Great vignette!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  22. The silver trays look great

    Love,
    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had never heard of painting a chalkboard onto the surface of a silver platter. Great idea!!! I love the surprise lilies, too! I see them in various people's yards and often wonder how I can get my hands on some for our yard. They're so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute makeover with the chalk paint. I also love your vignette with the oval frames. Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete