Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Up The Pyrex Ladder

I just love  to go outside with my inside stuff. I thought all these bowls would look pretty in the snow and then found my old ladder behind the garden shed so just started putting them up the ladder.

I went to an estate sale and found another small pyrex that didn't make the ladder but will throw in a picture. I sort of like all the different colors together. Of course the pink is so great. At the estate sale there was a nesting set but sort of a grey platter like never seen it before it's still there it had mushrooms on them I think that's what it was.

                          
 Did I ever mention I have the best neighbor's?

This little wheat bowl is setting on my wheelbarrow




                                                                  
You know I never was one to mix it up but I like this mixed up colors of pyrex bowls

here is another little blue bowl I found today for $3.95


                                                                             

Now after playing in the snow with the bowls I went to an estate sale and bought the least amount of things I had ever bought from this one ladies estate sale she always has the best of the best sales I mean people with good stuff kind of sale. I was not disappointed because I found some great cards of buttons with rhinestones

               
        
There was some large white buttons in the cardboard box with these and one really large brown coat button. I also bought two blue atlas jars with zinc lids for $3.00.

Then I headed out to one my usual antique mall stops just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.


  I found  these cute little well worn dirty Mary Jane's  I will have to use them in my altered art somehow look at the bottom still has dried dirt on them and a little wron spot.



 Another thing I  found that I just think is to cute is glove stretchers 50's 60's era I wanted them to use just one of them for an altered art valentine card. I know someone who is called Right Hand Girl and I am making her a Valentine card that says right hand girl  and I'll use the right hand stretcher. She doesn't read my blog so it will really surprise her and me if I get it completed by Valentine's day.


Another booth had this cute hanger marked way down and two other vintage wooden hangers 50 cents each just had to have them



I am heading to the studio to start making Valentine cards
                                                                     


All of you who love pyrex check out this blog I found The Pyrex Collective

                                                                          
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
             
                                                                                                                                                                                             
I love show and tell and I just found this interesting blog called Be Different act Normal check it out

It's a fun White Wednesday over at Faded Charm she always has the best post


                         
                                                                                           
                                                                                    
                                                                               
                                                                                            
                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                                                        
                                                                                       
                                                                                        
                                                                            
                                                                                        
          

9 comments:

  1. I have a huge yellow pyrex bowl exactly like the one on top, sugar. It was my mothers and I'd never get rid of it.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creativity! Great pyrex color for the out-of-doors! Also, wonderful estate sale finds - love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so much fun!I can't wait to see your Valentines.I'm especially interested to see the gloves stretchers.I wish I had the talent to do mixed media art...I'm never satisfied with what I make.I have a strong appreciation for it but not the talent.So I'm excited to see what you design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat old pyrex bowls- I have had some of them before too. My favorite is one my grandmother gave to me- a white one with colorful tulips on it! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the last blue one best. They all look so cheerful on the ladder. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you displayed the Pyrex bowls on the ladder...so cool!! I also love the Snowflake Blue bowl you found, and all the rest of the vintage items. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Janice!
    Thanks for finding my door...Down the Rabbit Hole...here at Simply Iowa... I left a comment for you, on my blog...
    I Love Your blog...Seems we both have a Passion, for things, with a lot of Soul...
    Stop, again!
    Barb C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Pyrex collection! I walked away from a green bowl a couple of weeks ago and I haven't been able to stop thinking I made a huge mistake!

    ReplyDelete